VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The motor in my MKIV 2002 Jetta VR6 Wagon is toast and I need a motor. For whatever reason I am having a hell of a time finding one :( The car only has 67k so I'd love to find one with around that mileage but anything under 100k is fine. I found a 24v crate motor but really don't want to deal with the hassle of dropping in the 24v, would much prefer to find a 12v. Anyone have any leads on anything?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Bellingham but am definitely willing to travel if need be. I just bought the car this way, apparently there was a huge coolant leak and they pretty much drove the car until she blew :(

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The motor in my MKIV 2002 Jetta VR6 Wagon is toast and I need a motor. For whatever reason I am having a hell of a time finding one :( The car only has 67k so I'd love to find one with around that mileage but anything under 100k is fine. I found a 24v crate motor but really don't want to deal with the hassle of dropping in the 24v, would much prefer to find a 12v. Anyone have any leads on anything?
Maybe you should figure how broken your VR6 is first. Could be just a bad headgasket and warped head. With me VRT is was able to replace a bad piston and rings over two weekends. Good luck.

Here a free VR6 block post. Not sure if it's OBD1 or OBD2 but most 12V VR6 parts are the same

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5465324-FREE-VR6-BLOCK-and-exhaust-mani-s!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts