VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,731 Posts
I have a pair of Intrax front lowering springs (no rears) for 93-95 Jettas and Golfs (ABA) you can have for $25 if you come pick them up. I know I can ship them by USPS Flat Rate if you can't for about $16 (plus insurance if you want it). Might be slightly cheaper by FedEx Ground since you're local.

PM me if interested, and I can shoot you a photo.

·
Registered
13,731 Posts
To use them on your car with your existing strut mounts and strut bearings you would need a pair of early upper spring perches, and to modify them by enlarging the center holes so the strut shaft can float, and the strut bearing can seat. I did for a couple of sets of springs. It's easy, and works well.

You will also need to place a spacer on the bottom side of the upper strut mount so the late model strut bellows will fit correctly. Stock length bumpstops must be cut down to work with lowering springs. I simply place the cut-off section of the bumpstop below the upper spring perch as the necessary spacer.

I have a couple of used early upper spring perches that came with the struts and springs that I can throw in as part of the deal. The Previous Owner of the struts and springs was using them in a later Jetta with the late strut mounts, and strut bearings. Because he didn't modify the upper spring perches, the strut bearings were damaged, and the shape the spring perches at the center holes were distorted. Which is fine since you would be punching a bigger hole through the center of the top of the spring perches (eliminating the bent metal) to float the strut bearings anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts