VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Looking for a lumbar adjustment motor for my Phaeton. Back seat, 4-seat. I know it's a long shot but thought it'd be worth asking.
P/N 3D5 886 879

Thanks

John

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
John, I found a 3D5886879F on eBay but that's the whole lumbar support. It's spendy at C $1,233.69

Here's a cheaper new one but I will keep checking for used ones. This says it's a left side:

3D5-886-879-F - Lumbar Support - 2004-2006 Volkswagen Phaeton | Boston Volkswagen Parts (oemvwpart.com)

-Eric

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Eric,

Thanks for those links. I saw those too; unfortunately for that price I can leave it broken. Nobody needs the massager that badly!
I'll keep my eyes out too. Hope all is well in UT!

John

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Reactions: 53PL-50AAA-VW611BAN

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
I'll keep looking for that part number, John. Is it the left side you need?

The motor itself may be a common motor. They may have also used it in the front or the 5 seater rear.

We're OK in UT. We are praying for Ukraine. The state capital is lit up with the Ukrainian colors.

Eric

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all, sorry for the late reply. I was out of town.
It’s the passenger side motor that failed, but I’ll have to research if they’re the same from left to right… I’d like to think they are.
PowerDubs, if they are the same and you still have the spare, I’d be happy to buy it off of you.

Thanks!
John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are in luck- I was mistaken and it IS the passenger side I have.

Do you have a picture of the part you want?
Good news! I don’t have a pic as of yet (just a vcds fault code), but I will take the seat out today and snap some pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts