VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a MK2 GTI 16V (either 2L or 1.8L - doesn't matter). It doesn't have to be perfect but it does have to be a 3 door in preferably red or black, but not mandatory. Please let me know if anyone has anything out there. I'm located in Toronto but am willing to travel as far as Quebec City for the right car if it can make the drive back home.

Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
'17 Golf R, '90 Jetta, '90 Golf
572 Posts
Good luck. Honestly if I were looking again, I would save up as much money as I could, and then buy a nice example from Germany and have it shipped over. The salt/rust on these 30 year old cars is killer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck. Honestly if I were looking again, I would save up as much money as I could, and then buy a nice example from Germany and have it shipped over. The salt/rust on these 30 year old cars is killer.
True but I don't really have the time, money, patience for that, especially since this will be my first car (I'm an automotive engineering uni student). I saw quite a few nice examples for sale in the fall but sadly wasn't in the market yet at that time.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Does it have to be an 16 valver?

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
There is a solid stock 92 8V on facebook in mississauga I think. Current owner since 95.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
O da, kako da ne, Mostar:love:.....Bugojanac ovde. To sam odmah pomislio kad sam ti vidio oglas prije neki dan...reko vidi zvuci ko Mostarac...haha....Steta za oglas za Gti, ja sam komuniciro sa njim prije jedno mjesec dana ali poslje toga nismo se culi. U svakom slucaju sretno.

Reactions: m0star

·
Registered
97 Vw Jetta GT(sold), 92 Vw GTI 8v(sold), 05 Vw Golf CL, 95 Vw Golf CL
3 Posts
hopefully the 92 8v GTI i sold comes up for sale again in Saskatoon, SK. I had to sell before i moved. i sourced a 16v 2.0L that went with the sale. It went to an older guy that was looking for a grandson project. fingers crossed they give up, it was bought new in BC and then stayed in good hands in SK and NEVER saw winter. the underside was perfect, only thing wrong i noticed was the front subframe had a little rot starting. it was around 255k km and sold for 2k.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.