VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I am missing a connector piece from the tube coming out of the bottom of the intake box to the two tubes going into the bumper. I am trying to see if I can find the actual part before I start fabricating. If anyone knows what part I am looking for, it would be a big help.

Thanks
Justin

·
Registered
287 Posts
I know

Its a dealer part... sorry man. And the sh*t is expensive. I would call the dealer and act all interested then last second, ask for the part number. Then google the part number..:laugh:

·
Registered
432 Posts
do you have a picture, I'm trying to figure out which connector your talking about and I can't visualize it... there isn't anything connected to the bottom the airbox, unless you still have the flapper on the inlet to draw warm air from around the exhaust. Can you snap a shot of what your talking about?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took some pictures but I cant figure out how to put them in a thread. I can email them to you if thats cool. I also found an exploded diagram with the part on it but dont know how to go about getting it. VW said they couldnt get it and I still dont know what to call it to ask someone else.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I know what piece youre talking about! Ive been wondering that lately too... Dunno if it's needed though, seems to run fine without it.... :D

I would search the yellow pages for wrecked out 16v's in your local scrap yards and see if any of them still have that piece connected to them.... :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.