VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am once again asking (begging) someone to sell me their good to great condition factory supplied front license plate.
Look, I know someone has one on a shelf, in a box...etc that they have no idea that they even still have until they read this. You're not using it, I want it!

So pretty please with sprinkles on top, sell it to me.

Pic so you know what I'm talking about

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first one I bought, like 10 years ago, I bought for $25-30. The second one I bought about 5 years ago I paid $45-50 for. These have gotten pretty scarce in recent years so I don't know what to expect to pay for one at this point. Most people that own Mk5Rs now have no idea this was an OEM part since it has no stock number and could not be ordered. Most people that buy an R32 that has this mounted on the front plate holder just think it's something that the previous owner bought off of amazon or something, so they throw them away. As was the case with the second R32 I bought. The original owner stated that she "had" it but "through it out". I know that they're still out there, in someone's garage, in a drawer, etc.etc. It's doing them no good what so ever. But, for a car that I will be showing, it will do me a lot of good!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cough

look over here

cough

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I still have mine which came on the car and then VW had a recall where they replaced the front grilles for drilling them, never put it on again after that.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, are you saying that you’ll sell it to me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts