VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title states, I need a Sirius wiring harness for a Jetta and the extension cable that hooks up to the Sharkfin antenna for a retrofit project....my module is from an '09 if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
352 Posts
FV-QR

i just took out my factory stereo and it had sat radio... so i bet if i dug around in my car i would have the pieces you need.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: FV-QR (pwrbkdude)

Quote, originally posted by pwrbkdude »
i just took out my factory stereo and it had sat radio... so i bet if i dug around in my car i would have the pieces you need.

That would be wonderful....just let me know how much for the harness and antenna cable http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
352 Posts
FV-QR

hehe sure no problem... i'll just have to find instructions somewhere of HOW to remove it!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Bump cause I just got my module and antenna in, need the wiring!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts

Quote, originally posted by pwrbkdude »
hehe sure no problem... i'll just have to find instructions somewhere of HOW to remove it!

I hear it's quite a project...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: FV-QR (darkk)

I wouldn't be surprised if it was.....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Max_O)

I just finished up installing a sirius unit in my 09 with factory wiring and sharkifin ant.
I would try someone who is parting out a car. The wiring from the radio connects to what seems like every sensor in the car!
I found a sharkfin with the wiring from a totalled car.
For the two harnesses that go from the tuner to the radio I got both ends of the wiring from the same car and then extended the wires in between.
I can get the part numbers off the harnesses on the sirius tuner for you, then you can just extend them and run them to the front of the car.
I have all the info if you need any help. I just finished this project and would be glad to help.
Let me know,
Jim

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: FV-QR (HUSKY GLI)

Thanks man, send me the harness part #'s! The new VW dealership in town is clueless.....and unfortunately I have no wreckers that have VW's near the house, but if you see another, let me know!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Max_O)

There are two harnesses on the sirius tuner. One with a single row of 8 pins part# 3D0972708A. World Impex has this part for less than $11.00. It is in there system without the(A) in the part number.
The other has two rows of 4 pins I haven't been able to read the part number of this one but I am going to the dealer tomorrow and will ask them for some help if I am able to get a part number I will post it up.

·
Registered
168 Posts
the other connector part# is 3B0972724. This one is around $3.
You will also need a few repair wires so you can attach your wires into these connectors.
From there you will have to extend the wires, route them to the front of the car and attach/tap/solder them to the corresponding wires behind the radio.
There are many different repair wires listed. There are different part numbers depending on the thickness of the wire but the ends will all be the same. They range in size from .35mm to 1.5mm.
I hope this helps you out.
Jim

Modified by HUSKY GLI at 7:01 PM 9-6-2009

·
Registered
890 Posts
Re: (Max_O)

Enfig car stereo builds the harness you need. Its one hundred bucks but its a three month wait on it. They told me they could have one in a week for $500.00. I told them three months is fine
Good luck I'll be doing this same thing in three months.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Re: (HUSKY GLI)

Not meaning to thread jack, but Im in the same boat. I have a 08 jetta with non SAT with no harness to even try to do SAT. I have been doing research like crazy, Im elbow deep. I might have to make a DIY for us that don't have this. To get to my point...
1. I have MFD2 with sirius reciever.
2. I have the part number for shark fin that is SAT/FM/AM : 3C0035507C
3. I order the 18Pin connector to have AUX work in MFD2: 7M0035727
4. I have part number for the 2 connectors for the reciever because I figured I might have to make one.
5. Or should I get one made from EnfigCarstereo.com?
Quote, originally posted by HUSKY GLI »
I've been thinking of putting these together for a few people now that I've done it.
Glad to see others are doing the same.

Modified by steaguejr at 2:56 PM 9-19-2009

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (steaguejr)

Does anybody know if this part # is standard across all radios?: 7M0035727. Impex has it for $11. Sounds to me like just buying the harness from Enfig would save a lot of trouble....thanks everyone.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Re: (steaguejr)

I made my own harness for this. Used these parts:
3d0972708 - Housing - Need 1
3b0972724 - Housing - Need 1
000979009 - Repair Wire - Need 4
000979131a - Repair Wire - Need 1
I'm trying to find the diagram I used to make this harness. I used cat 5 network cable since it had the right number of wires and it was easy to route. I'm working on a DIY so others will be able to make their own if needed.
I'll be selling this cable (along with the stereo -P7/with silver buttons and the sirius module) in a week or so once my RNS-510 arrives.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (JohnnyD)

^^^ Awesome, thanks for the heads up.....how long are the repair wires? And how much for the cable?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts