VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Your young and don’t know what your talking about. I have the contact for the original owner of an 1992 16v with 25,000 miles. The car is in nice shape - not as nice as it should be for a 15k mile car. I offered him more money than 99.9999% of people would and he refuses to sell. Wants to die with that car. Some people would rather hold on and get robbed in the grave than to sell and make sure it’s in good hands and not left to be sold in a estate sale or for a family member to neglect and destroy.
You're not wrong, but I think there's more polite ways to say it - they guy's just trying to help. And while his isn't what you're looking for, he did find one which isn't easy.

Again, really hope you find one, it's easy to see that it will be well taken care of. These are awesome cars that deserve to be looked after.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You're not wrong, but I think there's more polite ways to say it - they guy's just trying to help. And while his isn't what you're looking for, he did find one which isn't easy.

Again, really hope you find one, it's easy to see that it will be well taken care of. These are awesome cars that deserve to be looked after.
didn’t mean to sound that harsh messages get this confused

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
With all that money just import a mint 16v from Europe? you obviously have the cash, you are not going to find these cars documented like you want, these cars go through so many owners and so many have been treated badly, Europe knows how to take care of these cars, and if you like the US cars put the US recaro interior in. Not sure what country's in Europe have left hand drive vws though, but it seems like the US will probably not have what your looking for. I feel like 40,000 is a lot for a mk2 unless it is literally the perfect condition with no miles, looks like it came right out of the factory

All of Europe minus the UK is left hand drive. This chart uses a reference for the side of traffic, so its opposite how us gearheads refer to it. Right hand traffic = left hand drive.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
didn’t mean to sound that harsh messages get this confused
Genuinely interested to see if you can find something. I have contemplated hunting down a similar car and it does seem like finding something in Europe will be much easier, but I also understand the desire for a US spec car. Of all the cars I've had, my MK2 is at the top of my list.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Guys - The carfax canada shows: two accidents, two thefts, two odometer discrepencies. You cannot see it because it shows the US Carfax Link. That car had 270k Kilometers over a decade ago. This car is a pig with makeup on. Keep in mind the seller auctioned the ratty last 16v big bumper on bat - and it got grenaded by everyone. This car has just had a top quality repaint and partial resto - you can tell the underneath has had the dry ice treatment. Sorry, this is a driver condition car at best....

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
and yet already is uo to 25k$$
Crazy. I wouldn't touch that car with a 100ft pole. Its clean. Just be honest about the mileage. The mileage itself doesn't bother me, the fact the carfax shows over 400k km before the lower number is the biggest red flag.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Crazy. I wouldn't touch that car with a 100ft pole. Its clean. Just be honest about the mileage. The mileage itself doesn't bother me, the fact the carfax shows over 400k km before the lower number is the biggest red flag.
Yeah thats is true, and yet none cares about it. I know a true sample 16v ice and fire a guy won't sell it even for 25k euros

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
This is the 1st 91-92 GTI 16V to be listed on Bringatrailer since the website began the auction site format in 2014.

Here's one from 2012 for comparison. Sold here on the Vortex for $5800.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
This is the 1st 91-92 GTI 16V to be listed on Bringatrailer since the website began the auction site format in 2014.

Here's one from 2012 for comparison. Sold here on the Vortex for $5800.

A canadian spec 90 which is the same as what is being sold here was posted by the same seller last year. it got 8500 because it was a rust box.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts