VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, After 13 years and 120k miles, I had my first accident w/ the van. Rear ended a guy and smashed the crud out of my grille. The metal frame is bent beyond reasonable repair. I bought a replacement on ebay - the metal part is great, but the plastic part has breaks on all the mounting points, so if I'm going to go to the trouble to clean and paint it, I want it to be stable.

I know I can get a new insert (7D0853651A GRU) for about $125 but hoping to do better here if anyone has access to one. Bonus points if it's silver!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Hi, After 13 years and 120k miles, I had my first accident w/ the van. Rear ended a guy and smashed the crud out of my grille. The metal frame is bent beyond reasonable repair. I bought a replacement on ebay - the metal part is great, but the plastic part has breaks on all the mounting points, so if I'm going to go to the trouble to clean and paint it, I want it to be stable.

I know I can get a new insert (7D0853651A GRU) for about $125 but hoping to do better here if anyone has access to one. Bonus points if it's silver!

Thanks!
I have a black one in central NJ...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
part no longer needed

Thanks!
Car is gone - thanks for the replies.

- - - Updated - - -

part no longer needed. thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.