VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rabbit with stock wheels (Magny Cours) and I would like to upgrade to either GTI wheels and tires or any aftermarket wheel. I am looking to spend under $600

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
FV-QR

Hinkey,
Passat wheels with 235 tires will not fit on a Rabbit. They will stick out by almost an inch.
I looked into it because my dealership has three sets of Phoenix wheels from passats and I wanted a set for my Jetta.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: FV-QR (fixmy59bug)

If the rims Hinkey linked are really 17x7.5 at +47 offset they should sit fine.
They'll be tucked by 14.7mm in the front and tucked by 17.7mm in the rear. I highly doubt a 235 tire will manage to out-poke that kind of tuck.
Just FYI. On a Rabbit 8.5in at +45 is flush in the front and 8.5in at +42 is flush in the rear. Using those numbers and adjusting for different rim width and offset you get those numbers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: WTB: wheels and tires in Southern California (IchBinDarren)

I have a set of 17" denvers with bridgestone potenzas, about 4000 miles on them. I just bought them, installed them and noticed that the cupping of the tires are making too much noise. I am taking them in to get the tires trued next weekend in Azusa. The rims are in excellent condition, no curb rash whatsoever, very clean. I decided to stick with my 15" tires and just get a set of Borbet wheels at 15" size. Let me know if you are interested. $480 without tires or $600 with trued tires (once trued you should be able to get 15000 out of them.
The denvers have the tpms and came off a 2008 Gti.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.