VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so one of my water pipes cracked because i saw that my aux water pump is not functioning.... so my question is
what would happen if i bridge the pipe
(i.e - remove the aux water pump) ?
i live in SA and our temp is nothing like the UK....
also once the new pipes was put on the car drives like a beeeeeeeech now, stutters and doesn't pick up revs, stutters. checked spark plugs , HT leads are brand new blue thunder performance leads, i noticed that when i toggle the one ( sorry im not sure of the name) switch next to the aux water pump ( big round plug with lots of pins) the car started to drive better,
so could that be my issue?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Re: WTF CAR!!! (CTSR)

the big connector is a barrel connector. yes, this is the most important connection in your engine bay. remove the connector, clean it out with electronics cleaner and put it back on tightly

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok , plugged in the VAG COM and picked up three errors, cleared and the crank sesor kept popping up, so checked, and right there was a wire broken off......... so now thats all sorted ,
mk3 jetta vr6.....
i removed my aux water pump, but seems that my engine temp is running higher than normal but my water temp is cooler and my tappets are making a rackot now..... any suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.