VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i took my car to the track for the first time since i installed the apr stg3 in december. ever since i finished it its gone like a raped ape compared to my k03s well at the track something just isnt right heres the mods.
awp w/ apr stg3
3" dumped exhaust at the d.p
carbonio intake
hks bov relocted to the upper charge pipe
evoms front mount
vf eng. dogbone
*stk clutch*
koni adj's full hard in the rear
now heres the times http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
60' 2.549 2.753 2.994
1/8 9.686 9.980 10.145
mph 78.8 74.9 80.5
1/4 14.65 15.0 14.96
mph 98.68 98.78 102.15
any ideas why these are so high? i know my 60 ft are ish but the mphs are way low! could it be the clutch slipping half track? NEED HELP!

also was on the 91 oct. program... gotta love the west coast

Modified by tim18t at 9:15 PM 2-14-2004

Modified by tim18t at 9:38 PM 2-14-2004

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: wtf! crappy stg3 qrt. mile times (Nessal)

yeah i ran on the 18's its not the 60' times that piss me off its the lack of mphs i know i can run i good 60 i used to bust 1.9's all day on my k03 w/stock 17's and i was trapping the same speeds i do now

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: wtf! crappy stg3 qrt. mile times (1.8T3t04e)

well the revs were climbing pretty fast, im not sure if the track was timeing correctly the whole night either. on my 14.6 run i killed an sti by like 4 cars and those things are supposed to run 13's

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: wtf! crappy stg3 qrt. mile times (tim18t)

forgot to post im also running an evo front mount, also for nevada it was cold like 40's

·
Banned
3,434 Posts

ur problem is traction......60fts need some work (hence traction)....Also ur traps seem what a chiped 1.8T can get close around to 97, 98, 99 even i think

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Re: wtf! crappy stg3 qrt. mile times (DimcheMKV)

we, in our TTs have spun off the line in the cold. not much, but it hurt our 60fts. now you're talking 40 degrees & fwd!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

how in the world did you manage to get a carbino intake with your stage 3 setup? what did you do with the air horn and air flow straightner? and another question how are you running a blowoff valve on a awp motor?????????awp motor run like crap if you dont use a recirculating dv!

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
please ignore this guy: ^^^
Clutch man.. If thats the stock clutch it will slip with those kinds of mods. Ive seen it. (rather heard and smelt it) guy though he was breaking his tires loose in 4rth...
ah... NO.
Clutch wasnt in bad shape initially either. But the stage3 killed it real fast.

Modified by Cypher2k at 6:17 PM 2-14-2004

·
Registered
631 Posts
Re: (Cypher2k)

Im suprised APR Stg. III hasnt ate your clutch for breakfest! If your clutch was slipping you'd probably feel it, did you notice anything?

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Re: (Kem)

What octane gas? The 102 trap was close to accurate if you're running 91. 93 will be about 103-105 range. How do you have the Carbino attatched to the 3" APR Maf adapter? Did you keep the flow straightener in? It's highly suggested you do so.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts

What were some of the other car there trapping? You said you raced a STi. Can you look on the slip and see what he trapped at? Any other 1.8T there? Is so what were their traps looking like?

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: wtf! crappy stg3 qrt. mile times (wsaenotsock)

ok first off i just got a 3.25 to 3 inch reducer from hose techniques to run the carbonio, there was no change for the worse after reinstalling it in stead of the airbox. second the hks works great! i tried several months with both the forge006 and the bov and the bov seems to actually make the car run better, ive relocated it to just before the throttle body and the differnce is nothing short of amazing as far as between shift boost response. finally i couldnt see what the other cars i raced where trapping because they only give you your half of the timeslip at l.v.m.s.....lame-o

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Re: (Cypher2k)

who are you to say ignor this guy ! and as far as i know you can only use your stock air box with apr stage 3 ..

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Re: (tim18t)

yeah but what about that big airhorn and air flow straightner ?? i havent seen somthing that withh fit these 2 ?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Re: (tim18t)

what were your times when you had a k03? can you give us the same break down that you gave us w/ ur apr times?
and some stuff thats already been said here:
bring the 60fts down!
sounds like your clutch is slipping..
and will someone please slap 337APRS3

1 - 20 of 49 Posts