VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got the gli out of the garage after a fresh head rebiuld and fuel pumps and normal tune up stuff. Well heres how it goes the car will not start cld i mean it takes lke 20 times and when its running it runs like poop timing is good i have grreat compression i just dunno what to do help me if you can. I am trieing to fix it today.

·
Registered
2021 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2003 Porsche 911 C4S, 1982 VW Rabbit
7,255 Posts
Re: [email protected]@!# FAST HELP PLEASE!!! (slowjettagli)

check for spark....check for vacuum leaks....check the ground cable. mainly sounds like a vacuum problem, check ALL hoses. is it a 1.8L or a 2.0L? you could have a differential pressure regulator problem too.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re: [email protected]@!# FAST HELP PLEASE!!! (3WheelGTi)

make sure that when cylinder 1 is at top dead center that the distributor rotor is at the no 1 plug wire, also could you have possibly gotten the fuel lines (return and feed) backwards?

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Re: [email protected]@!# FAST HELP PLEASE!!! (92foxrox)

safe to assume you used assembly lube, and poured some oil over the camshaft before replacing the valve cover? newly rebuilt engines will run like poo for a while until the oil circulates around even if you got everything else right. Has been been running for a couple minutes already or did you shut it off as soon as it ran badly?
Anyway, double check the vacuum lines and yeah, the intake boot. Listen to what the noises are instead of just noticing it sounds bad. Each component bad sound is a different part complaining. break it down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts