VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to see if there’s any interest in the truck because I'm tired of seeing it sit collecting dust. It's currently located at Buttonwillow Raceway Park about 30 min NW of Bakersfield CA. I'm looking for a MK2 Jetta preferably but I'm open to see what people have http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
it’s an ’88 1 ton Silverado Suburban and a CA car so the body is pretty clean with the exception of two small rust spots under the rear windows. It has a brand new motor with less than 1k on it; it was put back together and used to tow a car from Los Angeles to Buttonwillow Raceway. The motor is a fuel injected 454 that was punched out .030, with forged pistons, all ARP hardware, HD hydro lifters, and a cam that was said to improve torque. I also have a HD oil pump, bigger oil pan, three extra cams, a carb manifold, roller rocker arms, and countless other spares. The A/C is not hooked up yet but it’s ready to be put on. It has a turbo 400 trans I believe and there is an aftermarket cooler on it. It was built to tow a 25’ trailer and did well pulling over the Grape Vine on its maiden voyage. I don’t have pictures currently because I haven’t been up at the track for a few weeks. I will be heading up there in two weeks and will snap a few. If someone does want the truck it will be traded/sold smogged and registered, currently on non-op. Thanks for looking

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.