VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: I will be moving to the west coast by the end of this summer and would like to be in a light colored, preferably white, mk3 GTI VR that is comparably clean and as well maintained as my car.. my bargaining chip (the real trade) is the shaved bay and I would consider S/C kit, nice wheels, something of this sort. Hope that helps!

detail/history on my car: I'm almost 24, bought the car when I was 17 as a shell that was days away from being taken to the junkyard. It was a black south jersey 2.0 with a clean title and about 140k on the shell when I bought it, however the car had been heavily parted and all that was left for me was the body (including all panels, doors, bumpers) and a black carpet and doorcard interior. I used to work at a performance/custom vw shop until i was 18 and over that year and a half the car got a fully shaved engine bay (all holes welded, battery moved to hatch, hidden harness, slim fans, etc.) and the engine was s/c for ~ 3k miles until it was turned into a daily. Since that point I redid the harness (OBD1 to OBD2) interior and out, VR swap (recently put fresh motor in as of 10/2010), I'm a tech so everything stays pretty well maintained with oem product.. ask germanautoparts, i have been a customer since 2004

CHASIS: Since I've had the car I put around 30k on it (1/2008) and an additional 75k since then!

ENGINE/TRANS: *6k since freshening with new block and head from corrado (10/2010)

- new single row chain kit
- metal mk4 headgasket
- ARP headstuds
- all gaskets
- trans from b4 passat had 77k when i got it.. no grinds (has GM Syncromesh trans fluid, changed every ~25k)
- lightweight flywheel and oem low mileage clutch, pp, throwout bearing
- BFI stage 1 poly front and rear motor mount (with weld reinforced rear cup!)
- g60 trans mount
- The Race Shop aluminum coolant distribution pipe (first ones on the market!)
- United Motorsports eprom with emissions device delete
- ABD big bore intake elbow
- Saikou Michi catch can
- green filter
- german auto parts aluminum tensioner pulley
- a/c and p/s delete - proper length/width goodyear gatorback belt
- Autotech stainless steel 2.5" exhaust system with magnaflow muffler

INTERIOR

- full black leather - fronts from a 97 gti vr/rears from a 97 jetta glx
- rewrapped headliner with burberry pattern
- b3 passat black grab handles
- mk3.5 cabrio black sun visors
- mk3.5 cabrio red lit switches (d/s mirror and window switch (door), heater controls, etc)
- mk3.5 cabrio chrome door pulls
- mk3.5 cabrio parking brake handle with chrome button
- mk3.5 cabrio chrome front seatbelt anchors
- silver faced gauge cluster w/ blue led odo/mfa displays
- DE red stitched wheel
- Redline Goods red stitched ebrake and shift boot
- Optima red top battery
- mk4 charcoal cabin filter and frame

STEERING/SUSPENSION

- brand new Yokohama s drives - 205/50/15 (3/22/2011)
- manual steering rack conversion kit (one of only 3 to my knowledge sold by parts4vws over 4 years ago)
- H&R triple C camber bolts
- poly rack bushings
- poly front/tt-r32 rear wishbone (control arm) bushings (10/2009)
- Weichers 3/8" aluminum skid plate with brackets welded to subframe and k-frame (only one to my knowledge from tuning zubehor in US, 10/2006)
- front Autotech adjustable strutbar
- rear Neuspeed triangulated strutbar
- Weitec hicon tx coilovers
- replaced front wheel bearings and (1) hub (7/2008)
- rear wheel bearings (3/2010)

BRAKES

- full 5 lug (10.1" from 95 jetta glx [my first car])
- ECS cross drilled and slotted rotors/EBC green stuff pads up front (7/2008)
- mk4 calipers in rear
- ATE super blue brake fluid
- full manual brake setup (booster, lines, master cylinder)

EXTERIOR

- oem fog light housings with yellow lamin-x
- oem euro vr lip
- BOSCH icon wiper blades :laugh:
- rear wiper delete

im sure theres something else I'm missing but thats the basic rundown.

Pics from over the course of time. I daily the car and I think someone would be better off bringing everything up to show par with the amount of time invested in the bay alone.

Feeling this out as a FS or trade to see what type of offers are out there for the car to go to a good home, no newbs need apply. Trades considered would be light colored, maintained, daily-able

feb 2005

Deutsch works, aug 2005?

8-23-09

march 2010

may 2010

dubs on the delaware, august 2010

october 2010 -- new motor

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: feeler: shaved bay 96 gti (rlsib16)

i guess i need more info.
5 lug - '96 gti pinafarina's
manual brake booster and lines.
stock mk3 vr exhaust, cat and suitcase removed and replaced with pipe of same diameter.
motor also has a chromed 2.9 clone and polished valve cover.
manual doors and locks... have the power setup (all regs, wiring, etc) which will go in if i have the car over the summer.
currently obd1 with '95 vr ecu. will be obd2 if i have the car over the summer.
rear brakes done about 10k ago with greenstuff pads/stock rotors.
ummm. anyother questions just ask

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Price current pics?
Pics from over the course of time. I daily the car and I think someone would be better off bringing everything up to show par with the amount of time invested in the bay alone.

Feeling this out as a FS or trade to see what type of offers are out there for the car to go to a good home, no newbs need apply. Trades considered would be light colored, maintained, daily-able
It looks the same as the pics, has a votex rack with ski/snowboard attachment, some dirt from the winter/spring thaw, and fresh yokohama s drives on all 4 with a fresh alignment!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how much are you currently looking to get?
thanks Mark
Sick. How much ?
It's a feeler, meaning I don't have a price I'm selling it for, but rather I am gauging interest to determine if there is a better home for my car with someone who has roots in the vw community.

·
Registered
562 Posts
amazing car bro mad thumbs up for the headliner getting ready to do it to mine. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts