VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I think this is going to be my next project. I am thinking a Central Electric II GTI, ditch the digifant II for full motronic swap. swap in complete 2.0 ABA/Xflow, go with a lightened flywheel, 9a tranny, quaife, 16v pressure plate plus a good clutch, and either the Z-eng or Neuspeed blower (any others on the market?). I think that a blown 2.0 with headwork (I live right near SRS, Mr Shine knows me...) and a cam might be the right combination for me. I think 170+ hp is attainable, with the reliable 2.0, have the motor prepped by SRS (blueprinting etc). The question is, how hard will it be to make a blower fit in that engine compartment with the Xflow?
I just imagine this with some SRS real street suspension like my 91 GTI had, and some better brakes....sweet! PLEASE Tell me it can be done!

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Re: Xflow AND blower into a mk2 GTI! (Dan92SLC)

It can be done...if u mean blower as in a neuspeed sc...it look pretty much not much higher then the intake...maybe slightly high...it look to me it just replace the upper intake manifold...i'm sure it can be done with some minor mods to the hood if not any at all...however am not that sure since i've never tried it...for sure if u swap in an OBD2 engine, the throttle body will touch the hood...maybe flip it upside down...but why a blower that will give u around 150hp, when a turbo can give u much more then that for the money? In fact I know some1 with a mk2 2.0L turbo and its pretty sweet.

[Modified by 87GolfKart, 9:28 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Xflow AND blower into a mk2 GTI! (87GolfKart)

no turbo, Because I dont WANT a turbo. I like the bolt on aspect of a blower. I also think that with a properly built engine, I could build one as powerful as a VR6, but lighter with less complexity and less weight. minimal moving parts.
dont care about ultimate hp. if i wanted that I'd turbo my already fast corrado VR6.
I'm looking for an all around blend of performance, reliability, and driveability. I think a built and blown Xflow in a mk2 makes sense in that regard.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Re: Xflow AND blower into a mk2 GTI! (155VERT83)

My next project is the crossflow swap into my 84 GLI. Of course, I have to create my own IM cuz I can, and then I can attach an Eaton M62 blower. I think the Neuspeed one is an Eaton M45 (correct me if I'm wrong).
I'll have to do the project in stages, as I'll be doing all the work, and I go to university.
A blown crossflow is awesome. If you get all the intake stuff away from the damned headers, it's all good. Which means the top half of the IM is comin' off!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts