VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I think this is going to be my next project. I am thinking a Central Electric II GTI, ditch the digifant II for full motronic swap. swap in complete 2.0 ABA/Xflow, go with a lightened flywheel, 9a tranny, quaife, 16v pressure plate plus a good clutch, and either the Z-eng or Neuspeed blower (any others on the market?). I think that a blown 2.0 with headwork (I live right near SRS, Mr Shine knows me...) and a cam might be the right combination for me. I think 170+ hp is attainable, with the reliable 2.0, have the motor prepped by SRS (blueprinting etc). The question is, how hard will it be to make a blower fit in that engine compartment with the Xflow?
I just imagine this with some SRS real street suspension like my 91 GTI had, and some better brakes....sweet! PLEASE Tell me it can be done!

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Xflow AND blower into a mk2 GTI! (87GolfKart)

no turbo, Because I dont WANT a turbo. I like the bolt on aspect of a blower. I also think that with a properly built engine, I could build one as powerful as a VR6, but lighter with less complexity and less weight. minimal moving parts.
dont care about ultimate hp. if i wanted that I'd turbo my already fast corrado VR6.
I'm looking for an all around blend of performance, reliability, and driveability. I think a built and blown Xflow in a mk2 makes sense in that regard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.