VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an XM Ready Alpine CDA-7875.
Now i need an XM Receiver.
What I'm looking for is a place/website to buy an XM Receiver for a "decent" price. The least expensive one i see for Alpine is $280 plus I have to pay around $80 for an antenna. It adds up quick expecially when i paid $450 for the head unit.
Any help would be greatly appretiated!!
Thanks.
-Jon

·
Registered
252 Posts
Re: XM Radio (jlinsenbardt)

circuit city has the alpine tuner box for $269, plus antennas(get the terk, its better than the rest) and the terk antennas have 30$ mail in rebates. they should be able to make you a deal on installation too, and have it in in around an hour. at least thats how it works in our shop. it might sound like im pushing c.c. cause i work there, and i am, but that is the cheepest ive seen the alpine tuner box.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: XM Radio (BigStuster)

I also have same head unit...and have looked into XM Radio. The price you mentioned is the going rate pretty much everywhere. The only downside is that the antenna wire needs to go through back window seal. Leaks??? My installer said he was doing a bmw install and was going to try throwing the antenna on rear deck lid. Will find out how it worked soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: XM Radio (trancenrg)

I installed the Terk Antenna just behind the fuba, had to cut some rubber molding off the terk to make it fit flush against the fub. I routed the cable around the window and inside the car through the left rear light. Here a crappy pic of it:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Re: XM Radio (jlinsenbardt)

Does the Alpine have an auxilliary input...If so you can get the Sony XM reciever for299 with the antenna from Crutchfield. The problem with it is it has a pretty funky mount http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Re: XM Radio (Nash50)

The antenna can be mounted inside. Reception problems will really only be seen in downtown areas where the buildings block the signal. We have done several antenna installs inside the vehicle without a hitch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.