VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
With the factory carpet over the sub and box, does the floor sit level? Or at least unnoticeable?

Also, that install looks clean, I love a system that looks like it came from the factory.
This is my uberstealth install.

You can see that the left side is ever so slightly higher. Insignificant if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Toyin...Mine doesn't seem to sit crooked at all. It sits on the two overlapping ledges of hard carpet and just floats above the foam that tiny hair. Your box seems to be just a bit taller than mine. Where mine slips right under that hard carpet edge yours looks like it sits above it a hair on the non recessed area. Or is that just the pic making it look like that? Perhaps that's due to the MDF VS plywood material thickness difference?
My sits under the carpet like yours. If you look at the hatchback shelf, you can see that the entire picture is rotated. The pic does exaggerate the angle, it's barely noticeable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.