VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'm leaning towards black but now that I've seen them in person they sure are nice. I still think I'll bring them Monday to be gloss black ceramic coated though.

Gotta say, of the 8 exhaust systems for various cars I've bought in the past this Borla (my first Borla) was hands down packaged the best with expanding foam inside plastic bags so everything was safely padded and couldn't get dented, scratched or beat up at all since the foam shapes itself to the contours of the exhaust perfectly to keep it safe. Each tip was also wrapped in bubble wrap for extra safety, nice touch. :thumbup::thumbup:

I comment on the packing because I had one exhaust for a past car shipped to me with packing peanuts loose in the box. I thought I got them all out but a few stragglers blew out the tailpipe when I first started the car. :laugh: Another one with just some bits of packing paper to pad it letting it slide around and get a dent.

Also the free hat, sticker, catalog, clearly printed instructions and also a plastic plug for the flapper vacuum hose (that's what's in the little plastic bag) was a nice touch so I don't have to go all ghetto and use a screw!

I can't wait to see pics of this on your car. :) I love the size of the tips!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
trueunion...Thanks. Eat in it? I hardly drive it. :laugh: The tails are reps. :eek: But I have an OEM set on order. :thumbup: V8Star dd a good video of the Borla that actually helped sell me on it. Now that I own it I can safely say it sounds even better in person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMODoRKfg8

ignitionlive...The mileage of the beast. :laugh: Nearly 4 months of ownership and that's all the miles. I spend more time modding it and cleaning it than driving it. :laugh: Since I work from home I don't need to daily drive anywhere and even if I did I still have my SUV for that and for bad weather so it's going to be a long while 'til it's even broken in.
You are just like my brother... he drives his car hardly ever!!! LOL

You're car is beautiful man... I like the fact that it's not bagged like a lot of other R's on this forum. Done just right....

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Thanks notavar!

ecirwin....I keep tossing and turning on doing them in gloss black. Part of me wants to but I'm also worried they'd be a nightmare to keep clean and swirl free. Just think of the PITA our mirror caps and pillars are to keep swirl free. Now imagine swirl marks on and in between spokes of a wheel. This neurotic ex detailer with OCD for a clean car may have a psychotic break trying to keep them perfect. :laugh:

Now I'm trying to decide what the next mod(s) will be. Thinking I'll stay 1+ for a while as I break the car in still (still only has 740 miles on it) :laugh:
You sir must have the lowest mileage R20 in the U.S! hahaha. ;)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yeah the poor thing sat covered in the garage hibernating for all of winter but now that the weather is nice again I can start taking it out more. Just need to find time to go for drives here and there since I work from home and my commute is measured in feet not miles. :laugh:
You can always find an excuse to run errands! ;) Boost is your friend!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.