VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
shave and paint look awesome in the pics. any defects close up. im leaning on shaving mine as well. the paint matched markers that i have now bother me from time to time. just looks like a blank piece of plastic that vw messed up.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks guys!

dc/dc...I honestly don't know all the specifics on how they worked their magic. Since this shop has done several local VWs from MK1s to MKVIs (quite a few forum members actually) is why I decided to trust them to do it since they've done it many times.

speeedfrk...You can't tell they where ever there. If I told anyone it was a euro bumper they wouldn't question it (not that I would, I rather give the body shop credit where it's due!). I've had 9 different cars and nearly every one has had custom body work over the years. My 337 was shaved as you can see (rub strips and fender lights) and that was a great job too. I had an Integra that I bought shaved and it was a crap job where you could see the outline of the shaved keyhole in the hatch. Anyway, as for the R it looks amazing you can get your eyes as close as you want in any light at any angle and there's no sign of where the markers were. I'm not a fan of the paint matched markers, it looks a bit ghetto to be honest. The bumper has enough plugs in it with the tow hook and washer caps, it doesn't need two more. Better off with clear, smoked or amber lenses than painted ones. I was actually going to shave the washers and tow hook hole but decided not too since the washers are functional and I needed a place for my front plate so I had to keep the tow hook hole.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Very nice, you are right it is Excessive!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
well i wasnt going to add anything about it, but i had a 337 in 05 for about a year. loved it. kept mine all original except a GIAC flash and a boost gauge. car was clean. only had 30k miles on it when i had it. i miss that car but it was after i had my first R32 so i was always frustrated with the wheel spin.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well this sucks, the vinyl used for the "space tape" 5150 sticker on the engine cover couldn't take the heat and it bubbled after the first drive. So I had to pull it off. I ordered a "5150" chrome emblem similar to the "337" one I had on its engine cover but a different font. At least I know that will take the heat.

Some fun/abuse of photoshop....

·
Registered
14' GLI, 17' Tiguan Sport, 08' R32(sold)
1,196 Posts
love this car man.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
1082_R32....Thanks, me too. :D

GTI Fanboy...Yeah it does suck but I got a chrome "5150" badge to use there which should look good too. It does lose a bit of the guitar vibe but gains a bit more car vibe so it should work out. I also ordered an R badge too, I may make it a "5150 R" to further tie together the car/guitar theme. We'll see what looks best.

21 - 40 of 333 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.