VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
GK625...Trying to decide what to do for a downpipe and catback. May do Ultimate Racing DP paired with a milltek catback. Or perhaps the HPA setup? Or wait for GHL? I can't decide so I'm holding off a bit and doing other stuff while I enjoy 1+ for a bit.

Cozotess18...Thanks very much!

So I ordered more toys today. Some Carbotech 1521 pads and Adam's Rotors Sport II rotors black zinc plated with matte black hubs. I figured why not get cool looking rotors while I'm changing the pads. Sure the slotting won't do all that much for performance but it sure can't hurt and they'll look cool on the RacecaR. :laugh:

Also have some stereo upgrades in the works too. An under floor light weight (plywood not MDF) sub box for an 8" Helix sub being made by Uber Stealth Audio. The stock stereo is in dire need of some low end but didn't want to add tons of weight either so this should be a good choice. I'll power it with a tiny Rockford Fosgate PBR300X1 amp that fits right under the passenger seat since it's so small.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Thanks. I had a GHL turbo back on my 337 and loved it. Thus why I'm considering waiting on them. I asked them about it about 30 days ago or so and they said they were working on it and it was about 60 days out at that time. So we're half way there if they're still on schedule.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I rather go with a stainless downpipe. I'm leaning towards going with an Ultimate Racing downpipe with 400 cell cat (to help pass NY emissions using the non-test pipe stage 2+ APR flash) with resonator and mating that to a Borla catback. If I leave a few HP on the table I don't care really, I rather pass emissions easily and have a good sounding not overly loud exhaust.

All is right in the world again, those heinous orange NY plates are off...

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I thought it was better than the stock dingy looking matte textured plastic that's now hidden under it. I'm considering having it painted gloss black behind the emblem since all the other black accents on the car are gloss but I may seriously regret that since it would be a PITA to get any scratches out from fingers touching it to open the hatch and road dirt/dust collecting in the nooks and crannies. So for now the carbon stays.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
An update...got the wiper delete plug, installed it, didn't like it, unistalled it. Guess that one looks better in pics than in person. Oh well.
I'm torn about deleting mine. Have you considered the ECS one? Its glass and looks like it sits perfectly flush. You almost can't see it at times.

Someone elses pics :p

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
SOFLA...the stereo specs are up on post #47. Real simple, hidden and light weight.

Atl-Atl...Thought about that but it's even worse IMO. To me the gap around the edge looks worse than a subtle dome like plug being over the entire hole. Plus they often times actually look like this when installed showing some of the blueish hue of the glass around the plug... http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=409027&postcount=14 Not very good looking.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Atl-Atl...Thought about that but it's even worse IMO. To me the gap around the edge looks worse than a subtle dome like plug being over the entire hole. Plus they often times actually look like this when installed showing some of the blueish hue of the glass around the plug... http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=409027&postcount=14 Not very good looking.
I wonder if it would be as easy as spray painting the clear glass with tinted or black paint?

41 - 60 of 333 Posts