VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
81 - 100 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Just got done installing the Euro cup holder... roughly 1hr install and the whole console out just for a slidy covered cup holder? I really need to have my head checked. :laugh: But it does look cool. :thumbup::thumbup:

YoungMedic...Yeah I learned to keep them in the car with the other tools from my last few cars that I still have the spanners from in the garage and the new owners don't have with the cars....whoops. :laugh: That's also why I had to write what car they're from on them since it was a bit confusing at first 'til I just threw out all the old ones that wouldn't work.

speeedfrk...Thanks!

stompy...Thank you.

ThatVdub...Yeah you have to take it apart and make new notches in the plastic to get it to sit 90 degrees from where it does in the R8. It was real easy. Here's the how to I used... http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...Y-(How-to-re-align-the-top-portion-of-the-cap)

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 · (Edited)
New toys came. Adam's Rotors (front and rear) in the Sport II slot pattern, black zinc plated with black powder coated hats along with custom black Carbotech 1521 (front and rear) pads.

And I swapped out the bass knob for the more subtle JL one. Matches the blank plastic plug perfectly. Also installed the Euro cup hold a few days ago as seen....

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
As of right now, no I honestly don't see a need for it but I don't track my car on road courses or auto-x it either which are two places where heat soak would certainly come into play.

I do plan on upgrading mine in the future but I have other things on the list before that. It certainly wouldn't hurt to upgrade the IC though that's for sure.

On another note...Volant intake is installed now. I want to put more miles on the car to make sure the Volant fixes my fuel trim issues before I trim my TTS cover to fit with it.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I'm still in the break in stage for the pads and rotors so that combined with the bedding procedure I did along with the black coating wearing off the rotors have my wheels looking just as dusty as with the stock pads right now. Pretty sure that after some more miles on them it will help reduce the dust. At least that's what I read from everyone else that went to 1521 from stock on an R. That's the only reason I did it really. I was beyond sick of the crazy amount of dust from the stock pads.

·
Registered
21,522 Posts
Great progress so far.

Loved your 337 back in the day.

As you can tell by my username, I, too, had a 337. :p

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I've been MIA thanks to Sandy kicking Long Island's ass. Thankfully I escaped with just a few shingles off the roof, some siding that blew off and a tree that took out part of our back yard fence. Sandy did manage to destroy the road leading to the bridge that enters our town. So now we only have one way in and out of town instead of the normal two. I had no power, heat, internet, phones or anything for over a week and just got TV, internet and phones back a few minutes ago. It was cold and boring to say the least.

I did manage to get my engine cover trimmed up and installed with the Volant yesterday though and it came out great.

Here's how she road out the storm safe in the garage all tucked in. Same way it will ride out the winter when the snow starts to come.

Unfortunately with some of the roads in my area still a mess and the current gas shortage here on LI it may be a while before I even get to drive it again. :(

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
SOFLA...Not me man, one of my least favorite pastimes. They were my father's fishing poles.

YoungMedic...Yeah, we got lucky. My little town got hit real hard in the lower areas with flooding but I'm at the second highest point so we escaped the water thankfully.

The Volant seems to be performing great and has fixed my Wintake fuel trim problems I had. I also really like the way it looks and how it takes up all the ugly empty space in the battery. I think I'm going to do the opposite of a shaved bay and try and fill all the empty space. If I add a catch can on the left in front of the washer fluid I'll be all set. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
I finally got around to installing the new R logo caliper springs after the dealer ruined the original ones before I even took the car home using some harsh wheel cleaner on them. :banghead:

And a random cell phone shot after I got home from a quick drive...

Think I may need to order up an exhaust soon.

81 - 100 of 333 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.