VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Fyi i know squat about cars. So the radiator Y connector on my 2010 routan has a huge hole in it.
So i flushed my radiator last night, only about 1 liter was left anyways and i flushed it with distilled water. Before refilling i need to change it. Instead of ordering a new plastic Y is there anything else i can use then that cheap peace of crap.
I would prefer a metal Y then plastic so what kind of material is ok to use? SS, aluminum ? Basically what kind of metal is ok to use that wont react with the coolant or anything else.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The "-HP" suffix on the Dorman is the metal Y diverter. The local brick & mortars sell them, but sometimes tough to find them in stock. More expensive than online, but if you're in a pinch....

Also, with the Dorman kits, my experience is the hose clamps and hoses are junk. One clamp was broken right out of the package, and another broke on me. And the hose leaked within a year. My suggestion would be to get a couple feet of Gates green-stripe hose (O'Reillys sells it, among others) and get some hose clamps from the plumbing section of local hardware store. Not the cheap Chinesium clamps if you can avoid it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts