VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still do not understand why so many people have bought these cars, just to sell them within three months? It doesnt make sense, does this happen with every anniversary model? Anyone have any theories as to why this is so?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Re: y so many 337s 4 sale? (atekipp)

quote:[HR][/HR]I still do not understand why so many people have bought these cars, just to sell them within three months? It doesnt make sense, does this happen with every anniversary model? Anyone have any theories as to why this is so?[HR][/HR]​
I was wondering the same thing

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Re: y so many 337s 4 sale? (GammaRay27)

quote:[HR][/HR]People buy into the hype, but cant really afford it when reality sinks in.
[HR][/HR]​
You hit the nail on the head! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Re: y so many 337s 4 sale? (GammaRay27)

quote:[HR][/HR]People buy into the hype, but cant really afford it when reality sinks in.
[HR][/HR]​
Agree'd.

·
Registered
11,363 Posts
Re: y so many 337s 4 sale? (GTI007)

I think several people bought these cars with the expectation to sell them a few months later and get more than they bought them for out of it.... too bad it doesn't work that way...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Re: y so many 337s 4 sale? (zerind)

I agree with zerin. I think people thought that these cars would magically appreciate in just 6 months or a year. IMO, that's a poor reason for buying a car.
Jason

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Re: y so many 337s 4 sale? (JerseyFreeze)

Did you see the thred with a used 337 for sal with 4000 miles on it for 29, 500 US dollars. VERY tempting if I could get that money for it.
That comes to about 50, 000 dollars Canadian, buy the time I claim tax on it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: y so many 337s 4 sale? (WOB_GTI)

? i ddont understand why anyone would make fun of this car.. im not claiming its the best gti ever but whats wrong with it? like everyone sez, its just a "gti with some extra stuff on it" but that extra stuff is a great foundation for a already tuneable car... as for people wanting to sell it... once you have something that you deemed nice at the time of purchase, something always comes along that you think will be better (r32, 25th ae, ....) whatever.. i like my car, it has problems (window reg, coil pcks) but they are easily taken cared off, i paid 22750 for the car, i dont expect a lexus or beemer...got a little more than expect actually.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Re: y so many 337s 4 sale? (fokker)

quote:[HR][/HR]? i ddont understand why anyone would make fun of this car.. im not claiming its the best gti ever but whats wrong with it? .[HR][/HR]​
He's part of the NY/NE Forum and they ALL seem to have something negative to say about 337's. If you want a real laugh ( or get sick to your stomach) check out some of the BS that goes on over there. It's just plain sad.

·
Registered
956 Posts

some of them might be having financial difficulties (economy sucks donkey balls right now) or change of lifestyles.
I see a fair amount of GTI, Golf's and Jetta's that are up for sale, just happened that the 337 stands out from the print when someone put them up for sale.

·
Registered
40 Posts

I've thought about selling my 337 and I'm still up in the air about it. My problem was that I was on a waiting list for the 337 but I was also awaiting the release of the GLI. Unfortunately, I was never able to look at both cars at the same time. I test drove a GLI, but decided I had to wait to see the 337. When my 337 came in, the dealership didn't have a GLI on the lot and they weren't looking to discount a GLI if I ordered it, so I took the 337.
Now six months later, the dealer's willing to cut me a huge discount on the GLI because he figures he's already gotten his $2k out of me on the 337. (GLI financing is currently at 3.9% according to Edmunds.) Anyhow, at this point I've now owned three GTIs, but I'm getting to that age where four doors would be nice (Wow, never thought I'd say that). Plus I've also always liked the VR6 engine.
My gut feeling is that I'm going to stay with the 337. When I test drove the GLI last week I just couldn't get over how much better the 337 felt. Having gotten use to the 337's brakes, I was trying to shove my foot thru the floor to rein in the GLI.

·
Banned
707 Posts
Re: y so many 337s 4 sale? (WOB_GTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]everyone makes fun of the 337 and people cant take the criticizm about it[HR][/HR]​
337's are the retards of MKIV's.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Re: y so many 337s 4 sale? (DriftGTI)

the reason why people sell em' is because mostof them want to make a profit. if you bought the car and new that u can't keep up w/ payments, then why u buying it.
I'm not saying that every person with 337 is doing but few people on vortex were trying to to it.

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
Re: y so many 337s 4 sale? (silverGTI2000)

Most of the ones I've seen for sale are way below sticker. In fact, a good deal of them are asking in here how much to ask.
Always seems to be the haters that make this accusation. Simple fact is that many people can't afford a car they buy. Some people are crazy enough to pay $500+/mo for this car. You can lease a Porsche for that much.

·
Registered
86 Posts

I'd guess a few got tired of the problems a lot of us have with our cars and the delays in getting parts.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Re: y so many 337s 4 sale? (winston337)

The same thing will happen when the R32 gets here... so people will think they car aford an all wheel drive VW for 30K... I would like to think I can, but I know I can't!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts