VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: Y0U CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH!!! (MSP116)

Hi,
I find it very good and very nice.
As I can see on your pictures, HID's working very good!!
What kind of XENON Conversion Kit do you install?
Thanks.
Claudy.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Y0U CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH!!! (germanrox)

At times I wish I would have bought the OEM and one day I still may!! But IM VERY happy with my setup so far! The retrofit fit kit is the stage II kit from HID 4less they were at waterfest! Top quality product so far so good! with the mone I saved on gett the retro kit i was able to buy the Hella de xenon kit and still have about $300 left!! Oh and buy the way the pics dont do the setup justice it is bright as S**T I usually only have to run the DE kit!

[Modified by MSP116, 2:55 PM 8-3-2002]

·
Registered
31 Posts

Anthony, that set-up looks fantastic, but please forgive me for asking a few newbie questions:
1) Are the Hella's the ones below the bumper?
2) Of the 2 photo's you posted, what lights do you have on in the bottom photo?
3)Where did you get you Piaa's?
Thanks,

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Y0U CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH!!! (2k2jetta18T)

I not sure how much time! took a while to get it just right but you can see by the pics, outcome was worth it! The main headlamps are VALEO E CODES i bought them last year at waterfest they have the leveling motors in them, which are hooked up by the way! The motors come in very handy especially with the XENON kit. I can dial then up when on dark back roads or all the way down when running against traffic. I cant remeber the last time I used my high beams. The lower lights are the HELLA micro DE XENON KIT this kit alone is $600 I got in on a group buy sometime back I think $450. Let me just say I have these lights pointed low and most of the time they are more than enough light. They easily outshine other vehicles with halogen main beams, and like I said they are pointed way low as not to blind oncomming traffic. I was think about hooking them up to my high beams and aiming them higher to use them to their full potential. And last the fogs in the main headlamp have PIAA ION crystal yellow bulbs, with the de xenon's on and the ion crystal's running I definately get that LEXUS look! The DE XENON kit has 4000k bulbs I was looking at getting the 6000k to have them match the main beams!! Just like my wife says I have a lite fettish!! As for the pics they are before and after the top is the Stage II kit the bottom is regular halogen!
ALSO THIS PIC EXPLAINS WHY I HAVE A LIGHT AND BUTTON FETTISH MY 2ND BABY!

[Modified by MSP116, 11:59 PM 8-3-2002]

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

Thats looks Awesome!
A couple of us in the "auto leveling headlight thread" are trying to figure our how to get the leveling motors to work. Could you clue us in on which wire is for what? My Valeo motors have three wires. I believe there is a brown (ground, that on was easy) and there are two more. Would you mind explaining how you wired them up?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Y0U CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH!!! (FlashRedSLC)

I had trouble myself!! Been awhile I will check my wiring in the morn and let you know! I think ony one wire comes back through the firewall!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

this may help things a bit

that small white connector looks to be the connector for the leveling motor. It has three wires comming out of it; brown, black, and blue. THe brown is logically the ground. From my investigations i'm assuming that one of the two remaining wires is a full time 12v power supply and the second wire is a signal. Do you know which is which?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

If I remeber correctly only one wire comes back throught the firewall! I think its the brown one! you get power from the headlight switch! and one wire has to be run across to the other light! I will try to get some pics!

[Modified by MSP116, 6:16 PM 8-5-2002]

[Modified by MSP116, 4:35 AM 8-6-2002]

·
Registered
3,287 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]that small white connector looks to be the connector for the leveling motor. It has three wires comming out of it; brown, black, and blue. THe brown is logically the ground. From my investigations i'm assuming that one of the two remaining wires is a full time 12v power supply and the second wire is a signal. Do you know which is which?[HR][/HR]​
I would say that the:
brown = ground
black = 12v constant
blue = 12v variable
You could always take out the motor and run voltage to it. When it moves, you know you have it right

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Re: Y0U CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH!!! (NiteQwill)

you have mail. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.