VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And daaaaymm it looks GOOD! The 16"ers sure make it look hot, also the Azul Polar color.
I can't get my eyes off of it!

Some people here were hoping that I wouldn't miss the loaner Cordoba TDI I had last weekend. Well, the only things I miss about it are the clutch and engine. The clutch of the 100 hp 1.4 gas engine has absolutely no feel, and the engine requires a little gas at take-offs, so I've been stalling the engine a couple of times now. The TDI engine of course had great torque, but also it's a lot more expensive and also much noisier, so the gas engine is OK. Not a rocket, but OK for me.
I just love the looks of this car with the 16"ers. And not many people here should have these OEM 16" alloys, since they aren't even listed on the options. Even the importer couldn't give the price straight away. The 205/45/16" tires aren't THAT uncomfortable (phew!), not even with the Sport suspension. The ride is firm, but not rock-hard. The car in all is very light to operate, so it's comfortable to drive. And the optional AC keeps the interior cool, although doesn't look like I'm gonna need it much this summer.
As for the interior I think it looks great! And the trunk is REALLY big for a car of this class. The Ford Mondeo and Opel Vectra (two classes above) have only 15 litres (4 gal?) more trunk space! If I had gotten the 1000 € cheaper 3-door Ibiza, its trunk would have been too small for my purposes twice already!

The car is not debadged yet, but I'm thinking about doing it tomorrow.
This morning I installed the Sony MD unit I ordered from Germany. (BTW, could they FINALLY make some room for all the wires behind the radio?! My thumbs are all sore from pushing the radio to get it locked to the installation frame!
) The next thing to do is to install the CD changer I took off of my Jetta. I'm a little afraid I'll have to take the car to the dealership to get the wiring done - I have no idea how the interior's plastic panels should be removed.

Anyways, I'm poor but happy now.
Here you have some pics of it, taken with a JVC DV cam, so the quality is poor. I'm hoping to borrow my brother's real digicam, so better photoshoot pics are coming for sure.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Re: Yay! I picked up my SEAT Cordoba yesterday! Pics here! (Son of a B...5er!)

Interior looks nice, front and back ends looks pretty good too but the body lines make it look like a daewoo to me
maybe lowering it will help

·
Registered
7,321 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Son of a B...5er! »

But where´s the Corinthian leather?

No seriously, I really like the new Cordoba. It would probably be on my shopping list, too (if such a list would exist), 130hp TDI preferably.

·
Registered
32,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Yay! I picked up my SEAT Cordoba yesterday! Pics here! (Eolair)

Well, the 130 hp TDI would be just AMAZING in this car. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif The only downside is that it's NOISY, sounds like a diesel van inside (I had a 100 hp TDI Cordoba for a weekend). The 1.4 gas engine runs very smooth, but its performance is nothing special.
BTW, the cap is a SEAT cap.

Modified by Son of a B...5er! at 8:52 PM 6-28-2003

·
Registered
7,321 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Son of a B...5er! »
Well, the 130 hp TDI would be just AMAZING in this car. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif The only downside is that it's NOISY, sounds like a diesel van inside (I had a 100 hp TDI Cordoba for a weekend). The 1.4 gas engine runs very smooth, but its performance is nothing special.
BTW, the cap is a SEAT cap.

Modified by Son of a B...5er! at 8:52 PM 6-28-2003

That´s why the local press calls VW´s P(umpe)-D(üse) TDIs Rumpel (rumble)-Düse.

·
Banned
26,760 Posts

Whoo hooo! It finally got there! Kudos, man- it looks great. Wish I could drive it myself. Also, let me be the first to compliment you on your fine taste in music on the stereo there. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif MoS rules.
Have fun!

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Re: Yay! I picked up my SEAT Cordoba yesterday! Pics here! (StattlichPassat)

right on, that car looks like a lot of fun, enjoy and congrats.

·
Registered
34,664 Posts

Congrulations. You got a nice Spanish lady.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
32,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Yay! I picked up my SEAT Cordoba yesterday! Pics here! (Eolair)

Quote, originally posted by Eolair »

That´s why the local press calls VW´s P(umpe)-D(üse) TDIs Rumpel (rumble)-Düse.

Heh, my dad's got a pumpe-düse TDI in his Passat and it doesn't sound that bad inside. Well, better sound insulation. BTW, PD translates as Powerdiesel here...
Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. And yes, MoS DOES rule.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts

Congratulations to your new toy!
I like the wheels very much, they look great on that car and the color is nice, too.
So, there's only one thing to wait for... better wheater around the baltic sea.

·
Registered
32,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Yay! I picked up my SEAT Cordoba yesterday! Pics here! (DoktaJoch)

Yeah, the weather is far from summerish here. Friday was really nice, but really I can count this summer's nice days with one hand's fingers. Oh well, I'll get to experience some REAL summer in Spain in 1,5 weeks. It's been above +35 C there, so I think that's enough...

Anyways, the car is debadged now! I asked my dad where he keeps all the fishing line and when he heard what I need it for, he was like "Are you sure you know what you are doing??"

Before

Tools needed.
(Gloves for skin protection.
)

Leftovers

Anyone need letters?

Smooth...

...like a baby's butt!
It was easier than what I thought. The glue (or whatever you call it) came off simply by pulling and with a little fingernail.

·
Registered
23,277 Posts

for all of you knocking the SRT-4 for its non-power rear windows, look at the back seat of his car.

·
Registered
32,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Yay! I picked up my SEAT Cordoba yesterday! Pics here! (Jettavr666)

Quote, originally posted by Jettavr666 »
for all of you knocking the SRT-4 for its non-power rear windows, look at the back seat of his car.

Weeell, I bet the SRT-4 costs a little more. (Oh, sorry, WOULD cost a little more if it was sold here
(Meaning: Cars cost way more here than in US.
))
BTW, what I'm REALLY glad about is that they must have come up with a new engine management software for the Ibiza and Cordoba. The Ibiza Sport 100 and Cordoba 1.4 100 Signo (both with the same engine as I have) that I test drove had a really annoying feature. When you took your foot off the gas fast, the system still gave some gas as if you had slowly let the gas pedal up. In fast shifting this resulted to amateur-like revving between gears. Seriously, the revs even got higher between gears when the engine was running without load.
Now I haven't noticed anything like that with mine.

Modified by Son of a B...5er! at 4:53 PM 6-29-2003

·
Registered
34,664 Posts
Re: Yay! I picked up my SEAT Cordoba yesterday! Pics here! (Jettavr666)

Quote, originally posted by Jettavr666 »

Rear power windows have always been an option in Europe. Its not unusual to see an A4 or C-Class with manual rear windows.

·
Registered
32,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Yay! I picked up my SEAT Cordoba yesterday! Pics here! (A4Jetta)

Quote, originally posted by A4Jetta »

Rear power windows have always been an option in Europe. Its not unusual to see an A4 or C-Class with manual rear windows.

The Signo trim level of the Cordoba has power windows also in rear.
BTW, my brother's friend's parents' Audi 100 2.6 V6 still had manual front windows back in 1992. Even the better engine didn't bring any extras, it was as spartan as the cheapest 100.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts