VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after seeing that post about doing ghetto textured moldings.. I feel the need to do it. So what do you think.. here's a ghetto photoshop of how it would look. I kind of like how it goes with my wheels and what not. I'd do the sides and tops ghetto style and then buy the flares.
So yes or no?

-Nick
edit- Here's another phsop that vdubfiend did of my car in another thread

[Modified by Don't Have One, 3:04 AM 1-30-2003]

[Modified by Don't Have One, 3:34 AM 1-30-2003]

·
Registered
152 Posts
Re: Yay or nay? (Don't Have One)

quote:[HR][/HR]Ok after seeing that post about doing ghetto textured moldings.. I feel the need to do it. So what do you think.. here's a ghetto photoshop of how it would look. I kind of like how it goes with my wheels and what not. I'd do the sides and tops ghetto style and then buy the flares.
So yes or no?

-Nick
edit- Here's another phsop that vdubfiend did of my car in another thread

[Modified by Don't Have One, 3:04 AM 1-30-2003]

[Modified by Don't Have One, 3:34 AM 1-30-2003][HR][/HR]​

Bumper top`s...........yeah..
Side moulding`s.............yeah.
Wheel arch trim`s....................Nah..

[Modified by MARK3GOLF, 6:24 AM 1-30-2003]

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

I'm gonna go against the majority of these fellas, and I'll even go one step further and explain myself... You go with the euro bumpers, rebar, and rad support... ok, you'll save yourself some weight, but your pocket will be much lighter too... Now, if you texture your stock bumpers, you can put that few hundred bucks towards some performance mods, or it may even get you that much closer to a swap you've been dreaming about, right? Another thing to take into consideration, I see you don't have a front plate on there, so I'm gonna make the assumption that you're trying to achieve a clean look. Forget about what everyone thinks and just ask yourself, does that euro bumper cover look cleaner than yours with the front plate recess exposed? (Again, assuming you don't put a plate on) Just some things to consider, that's all...

[Modified by bigpoppavr6, 2:05 AM 2-1-2003]

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Yay or nay? (bigpoppavr6)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm gonna go against the majority of these fellas, and I'll even go one step further and explain myself... You go with the euro bumpers, rebar, and rad support... ok, you'll save yourself some weight, but your pocket will be much lighter too... Now, if you texture your stock bumpers, you can put that few hundred bucks towards some performance mods, or it may even get you that much closer to a swap you've been dreaming about, right? Another thing to take into consideration, I see you don't have a front plate on there, so I'm gonna make the assumption that you're trying to achieve a clean look. Forget about what everyone thinks and just ask yourself, does that euro bumper cover look cleaner than yours with the front plate recess exposed? (Again, assuming you don't put a plate on) Just some things to consider, that's all...

[Modified by bigpoppavr6, 2:05 AM 2-1-2003][HR][/HR]​
Thanks that was some good advice, I really needed to hear that. Amen to the performance mods, I just can't really see myself dropping a grand on some euro bumps. Still not decided on texturing the na bumpers or not, since it could effect resell down the road.
But anyways thanks man!
-Nick

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

No problem... you need that around here some times, as a lot of people just follow each other like lemmings...
I think if you take your time with it, you can pull it off nicely.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.