VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I dropped off the Axis SE7EN's at Mirek's for paint work and of course I expect the usual M3's, M5's, 911's, 356 in restore mode, 928's what ever it takes to make me ask myself about the investment I've placed in my Dub.
Mirek's is a true European Auto center and most all employees speak very little English if any at all and it's a blast trying to chat with these guys. Anyway, the gentleman that did most of the bodywork on my last project greets me and helps me walk the wheels into the back. I'm looking around wishing I made a few hundred thousand more than I do when I hear, "Come look." I turn around and see a 911 with the fenders cut out and a bumper missing. I'm thinking, yea, another millionaire project but he says to me again,..."come, look at dis wheel, looks like yours." I take a few steps and see what appears to be an Axis SE7EN wheel, one piece with about a 3 inch lip. I say, "Beautiful." He says, "Pick up." Ok, I grab the wheel with both hands and nearly hit myself in the face with it. He's laughing saying..."Light no?" I could not believe the weight of this beauty. I held it with one hand holding it out, up, over...incredible. I could not believe that I have never heard of this wheel.
Now, after that winded intro, does anyone have any information on Dinan other than the fact that they are primarily a BMW tuner? I'm guessing that the 18" wheel I was inspecting weighed in around 15 to 17 pounds. I'm seriously considering buying 2 rear wheels with lip to even out the 8" front I already own. Since it's BMW exclusive,..I can only imagine the cost. Anyone familiar with these jewels?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Re: Yea, yea,...it's about wheels. (JayB)

Yeah look to spend alot of $$$ when you see that name. I know they are located in the Bay Area, here in Cali...cant remember the city. Look in any European Car mag and youll see one of his ads in there. I have a cousin who lives in the bay, he uses all dinan stuff on his bimmer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.