VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.
read all the topics on search but still have some questions,some due to my location...
i live in europe(portugal) and we have the 2E motor that i think its equivalent to ABA.
my doubts are:
-the distributer.get the 2.0 interior, G60 exterior and an adapter ring.
where can i get that adapter ring?besides USA?some say that audi 80 will work too.plug and play?what engine and year?
-downpipe.
some say to buy a 2.0 downpipe,some say that the G60 stock one will do,the difference its not that much...so..

-if i decide to freshen a bit the block should i use a 2.0 oil pump?wont that overwork the charger seals?
hopefuly when the engine arrives i will take the head off and check the port sizes(people seem to be interested)and if they are larger should i consider stick with the 2E head?i will port and polish what goes to engine so the end result would be the same right

also i would like to hear some ideas on how to improve at max the low/mid torque at low cost.

thanks for any help

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Re: yes, also need 2.0cc conversion help... (carrizog60)

Quote, originally posted by carrizog60 »
hi.
read all the topics on search but still have some questions,some due to my location...
i live in europe(portugal) and we have the 2E motor that i think its equivalent to ABA.
my doubts are:
-the distributer.get the 2.0 interior, G60 exterior and an adapter ring.
where can i get that adapter ring?besides USA?some say that audi 80 will work too.plug and play?what engine and year?
-downpipe.
some say to buy a 2.0 downpipe,some say that the G60 stock one will do,the difference its not that much...so..

-if i decide to freshen a bit the block should i use a 2.0 oil pump?wont that overwork the charger seals?
hopefuly when the engine arrives i will take the head off and check the port sizes(people seem to be interested)and if they are larger should i consider stick with the 2E head?i will port and polish what goes to engine so the end result would be the same right

also i would like to hear some ideas on how to improve at max the low/mid torque at low cost.

thanks for any help

Not in any particular order:
- 2.0 oil pump will work fine, just make sure you let the motor warm up and fluids get up to temp before you romp on it. My PG with the ABA oil pump and fresh rod bearings makes 90 psi (about 6 bar) cold at startup.
- 2.0 downpipe works just fine, my g60 one was cracked at the flex joint so i used the one from an aba i parted.
- the distributor you are looking for is from an audi 3A block, same size as a 2.0 but with a 4 window hall vs a single window.
- going over the block with new seals/bearings is a good idea while the thing is out, it would suck to have to pull it apart shortly after putting it back together because of something stupid.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks
as for the pressure what is the stock pressure?and the cheaper oil pump?
i want to put less stress as possible on the charger and it would suck to have the oil seals jumping all the time...
as for the downpipe i would like to use the stock one(golf G60 from factory) for money issues...would it fit?
the distributer:
what models came with 3A engines?in europe it may have a different code name...
the G60 is 4 window hall also?so it would be plug and play?can i swap parts from the G60 one to the 3A(have some new parts on it)?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
custom ones?
they make the programing?
i would rather +prefer that the programing was made by original SNS programers...
i heard good things about the SNS chip but here on vortex,how do i know theyr job is similar?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do the G60 downpipe works?
is the audi 80 distributor plug and play or also needs custom work?
i never seen this swap in portugal so its going to be hard to do it and will have a lot of questions...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Re: (carrizog60)

The stock 2E distributor will work.The newer 2.0 8v will not, but if it is a 2E it has 4 windows so it'll work.
I think you will have to use the 2E downpipe, because the block is taller than the PG.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and if i use a different flex joint or something else? i have trouble to find this parts in portugal as those engines were expensive because the taxes...more cc more euros ...
that thing about the distributor is a great news!so, its just plug and play?
muchas gracias charly(no es el charly de gti16v?)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (charly_guan)

back from the archives...
ok, ibought this from a 2E engine.

it has 4 hall so i think its correct.
what do i need more to make the distributor to work?
also i have bought new cap and rotor to the G60 one.are they interchangeable?
thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.