VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 80 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Re: (Norwegian-VR6)

I do not see the peice you need there? I was missing mine tow! its one of two fitting holding me up (the other I broke) its larger than the two silver ones which are too small ( i'm sure you figured this out) i'm going to try to make time to go get one in the next day or two ...so If i get a part number I will get it to you. PS-which oil sensor did you tap into for the oil send~Turbo line?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

OK Then....
First start today. And the car fired RIGHT up, NO ISSUES! No nothing!
The VW tech told me that he has never seen anything like it. It idles and drives like stock.
It was a wet road, and on 3rd gear i lost traction. I ran the stock spring in the Tial.. Red I guess 6 psi. With the ZR2 charger I had problems getting the car to LOOSE traction in first gear.
This is a very big day for me, and all thanx to YOU VWVortex guys and of course Chris and Jeff at C2. MAF is working also.
Im I one of the first in Europe to have a ECU swap like this?
Very first ignition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjsYkbNp41k
Second:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ePepHl1a-0
Once again, THANX!

Modified by Norwegian-VR6 at 2:14 AM 6-18-2007

Modified by Norwegian-VR6 at 2:15 AM 6-18-2007

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Re: (AlexiGTIVR6)

Thanx. The idle is so smooth, and with a US ECU and all. I guess the diffrence is not that much. But I know Jeff has put some time and effort on it. Well, I have the big smile on my face because off him.
And Alexi: 0.024 gap, no missfire, no nothing. I was awaiting some issues of some kind. But no. Nothing. Car runs like stock.

2x6pack of
to you all

Here a pic from a Kinetic stage 3 with a 60/1 Garrett Turbo:
A A4 paper does fit under there............

Modified by Norwegian-VR6 at 2:23 AM 6-18-2007

Modified by Norwegian-VR6 at 2:42 AM 6-18-2007

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Re: (jhayesvw)

Car is up and running, with complete 3" exhaust. 1 long muffler under the car and a muffler in the back with C2 OAP. Its loud as a f... !
The C2 OAP fitts great, you just need to take your time and do it right.
The ECU needed 4-6 start ups to "settle" The Idle was a little up and down. But after 1 our driving is all good.
Car drives like a dream.
Im boosting only 6 psi now. Im not gonna do anything before I get the widebang hooked up tommorow.
Some pics today. Been raining the hole day:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Re: (VR6rocks)

The wideband said that I had a AFR around 10.5-11-.5 under 10 psi. Full boost at 3200 rpm.
So I have bought a new fpr. 3 bar. Then we will see how it runs.
Reason why it is a 4 bar there now is because my old Z-Charger want it>)
Anyhow, Ive driven 2 full tanks off fuel in 2 days.
And shifting from 2nd - 3rd and 3rd-4rd gear its like the ignition turn off for a sec. It hasitates... Like it doesnt get any fuel. The wideband said around 10 on the AFR.
Maybe it gets TO much fuel? Strange it does not happen from 1st-2'nd gear?
But other than that, it has driven like a dream.

Modified by Norwegian-VR6 at 8:52 AM 7-6-2007

Modified by Norwegian-VR6 at 9:02 AM 7-6-2007

·
Registered
1,083 Posts

yea mine does the same thing. i', just going to chalk it up to chip tuning. it is really annoying though. I gotta figure something out thoug because I cruise with two other vrt (both FMU style fueling) and they run much better than my c2 set-up at the moment. I'm working on figuring it out.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts

standalone? j/k hopefully it can be resolved with more plug gap experimenting. however after doing some research it looks like a pretty common issue with our software. If you read the kinetic thread (the big one) you hear many people speaking about the same problem. I think i'm going to try some new plugs sometime soon. Just dont have the time to mess with it all the time.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Re: (bluegrape)

I use 0.024 plug gap right now. I think it can be two things.
Either it is the MAF that gets to much air BACK in the system when the Bosch valve lets the air back. Or it gets to much fuel..

Modified by Norwegian-VR6 at 7:56 PM 7-6-2007

61 - 80 of 610 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.