VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this search is useless when looking for something called a "type A"

i know they're rare, but they're out there. i can't find any good shots. anyone have some pictures hanging around?

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Re: yes, i searched. borbet type A's anyone? (ninetyseven)

Sorry this is the only pic I could find without searching through 1500pics, but I don't have any mounted on an Mk3 I have a few pics with them on Mk2 Jetta and a Corrado

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: yes, i searched. borbet type A's anyone? (turboit)

quote:[HR][/HR]Sorry this is the only pic I could find without searching through 1500pics, but I don't have any mounted on an Mk3 I have a few pics with them on Mk2 Jetta and a Corrado[HR][/HR]​
any pics would do, post whatever you've got http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
thanks

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: yes, i searched. borbet type A's anyone? (yidog)

they're sitting in my sunroom, waiting for spring. too much ice and snow for them now. i bought them in september, then didn't figure out why they weren't fitting until like november or so. by then it was too late. they'll go on in a couple months, unless i pick up something else

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: yes, i searched. borbet type A's anyone? (Slapshotnerd)

ah ha... okay he called them design A's which is why i didn't pull that up in a search i guess.
just the same photoshop of jason's, a corrado, and the white golf with the kerscher's. time to just use my imagination i guess

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Re: yes, i searched. borbet type A's anyone? (abt cup)

Another option would be the Azev A's.. which are practically the same wheel and still in production I think

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Re: yes, i searched. borbet type A's anyone? (evolveVW)

Anyone know where you can still find these?

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Re: yes, i searched. borbet type A's anyone? (protzler)

they're out of production, and there's very few sets here in north america that will fit VWs. Check ebay.de there's a lot on there and they often go pretty cheap, but you'd have to ship em in from europe. phobia16v was selling his a while back, that's his black 4-door mk2 jet in the pics. you could IM him and see what's up, maybe he still has em

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
Re: yes, i searched. borbet type A's anyone? (Zwoobah)

quote:[HR][/HR] Mark (1a3trek) was just askin about them...[HR][/HR]​
yup........ive loved these forever and have dreams about them on my car, but alas, no extra money for new wheels. got some other things to finish first.
quote:[HR][/HR]they're out of production, and there's very few sets here in north america that will fit VWs. Check ebay.de there's a lot on there and they often go pretty cheap, but you'd have to ship em in from europe. phobia16v was selling his a while back, that's his black 4-door mk2 jet in the pics. you could IM him and see what's up, maybe he still has em[HR][/HR]​
if they're out of production, why does borbet list them on their website?
http://www.borbet.de/index-lgb.php3?uid=&ukey=&site_lg=lgb click motor cars and see the wheels.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts