VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got two mkiv 1.8Ts with APR91 and boost gages. My GLS spikes 21 and holds 15. My GLI doesn't spike but holds 15. GLS has 710N valve, GLI has 710P valve. I have a GFB Hybrid and a 710N on the shelf and use them for testing. I work in a machine shop and made some plugs to check my boost seals. One at the TB and the other at the MAF sensor. I have a regulated air compressor. i hooked up at about five psi and i heard air coming from the TB. I went online and found I should loosen my oil cap and other things. I clamped my PCV line and still air from the TB but alot less. now I hear my oil bubbling. I clamp the N75, Nothing. I clamp the FPR and the air stop from the TB but the oil still bubbles.
Am I going about this all wrong or do I have bigger problems than just a boost leak? I did a few searches but there are hundreds of boost leak posts. Help me out folks, My wifes car is faster than mine!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Yet another boost leak thread. (92 20v passat)

I read that if you pressurise the system with the oil cap on, you can get oil in the cylinders and tons of smoke. I guess I got lucky because no smoke this morning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts