VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
I think the new M3 is one of the better renditions, by the dint of the fact that it's frameless and separate, not joined together.
Even the regular 3 series looks worse than the M3 because even though the kidney themselves are smaller, something about them being connected and having that gaudy chrome frame around it.

This looks much better

The base 4 series is the worse, as it's huge and joined.

I really hope BMW fixes it across the board.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
The base 4 series is the worse, as it's huge and joined.

I really hope BMW fixes it across the board.
For me it's not only the fact they are joined that makes them worse, but also that they have no depth to them. It makes them look like something that have just been stuck on there in last minute.

I really don't understand why they didn't go with the style showcased on the 3.0 CSL homage concepts if they had to have large grilles. It works so much better there.

·
Registered
13,330 Posts
I really don't understand why they didn't go with the style showcased on the 3.0 CSL homage concepts if they had to have large grilles. It works so much better there.

Because it is not big enough for BMW.

BTW, I like these more than Foose design.

New M3/M4 will definitely made some aftermarket body kits companies lots of $$$.

·
Premium Member
F82 Krautrocket
6,070 Posts
Who here has seen the car in person?

I signed up and went to see the local dealer reveal (nothing special, just an M3 with some lights cordoned off behind curtains taking up about half the showroom floor). But the car itself, looks seriously impressive in person. No M4, just M3.

All of the points we complain about, are rather well executed in person. The grilles have depth, they don't look like snouts. The other thing, is that it is a large car. It's a 5 series (or what the 5 series once was) in terms of size. So while in the photos we focus on the grills and how large they are. In person they are very proportional to the size of the vehicle. Wait till you get a good look at it, you may be surprised.

That said, the base 4 series, which the dealer had plenty of in stock, not so much. That grille looks meh.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts