VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Re: you guys seen this yet?? (V arrrr SIX)

I live about 15 minutes from that place and I have been waiting for my Corrado to be done so I can stop by...I don't want to be caught dead with my Eclipse there. I can see it now..."I swear I have a Corrado at home!" I'll look into their stuff cause they sound like the guys to see about Engine rebuilds.
Oh, by the way, that A1 Rabbit with a 1.8T has a fresh black paint job because they rolled it (on it's side) last summer.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Re: you guys seen this yet?? (SilvBullit)

Just do what I do..ride your motorcycle and wear your CCA T shirt...

Branden

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

Hey SilvBullit, I live in south Casco. After 4 years of message board use and 4 different cars, I've finally met someone online that actually lives near me. Actually, I was more shocked to find a VW tuner in Portland. Maybe you've seen me last summer driving my white miata with white Volk TE-37 wheels. I just bought my Corrado and am already planning on selling the miata. Anyways, cheers.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Re: you guys seen this yet?? (LooseNut)

V aaaar SIX...if you woulda scrolled to the right on those prices you woulda realized,the fiberglass is $400, the carbon one is $950!!!! that is f'n crazy! the group buy on carbon hoods on here was like 4 or 5 hundred, and supposed to be high quality. for 950 that carbon better have some solid gold inlay in it or somethin. geezus!!!
what ever happened with that group buy anyways? id really like to see some pics of the hoods you guys got. and reviews on quality of work.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Re: you guys seen this yet?? (VeeDubBBoy)

yeah, that's the stripper from duke nukem, lol pretty cool

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Re: you guys seen this yet?? (YellowChica)

This is too funny. Yeah, I know exactly who you are. You work at the gardening place right, well, your corrado is parked there anyways. I remember when I first saw your rado, I was all jealous because I've wanted one since I was 15. Now I have a metallic blue one, but my girlfriend wants to paint it yellow after she saw yours http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Yeah, I know Derrik, I went to school with him and worked with him at Dielectric with him last summer. He mentioned you because he knew I like Corrados.
Anyways, look for a metallic BLUE corrado with white VOLKS

·
Registered
646 Posts
Re: you guys seen this yet?? (LooseNut)

Did you buy that Rado in Turner?? The one with the silver accents on it? I saw that at USM when I started going there three years ago and thought it was the phatest car in the world! I was all excited and jealous. Oh, I was living vicariously through my GF when I had her buy the Rado, now I am hooked and finally got my own. We will have to hook up at some point cause riding with Derrick and all the boyz gets a little repetitive and dangerous. 100MPH on one wheel.....

Are you driving the C this winter??

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

No, some guy posted his rado for sale on the CCA classifieds, bada bing, one week later I was in Bath and giving him the cash. I paid $3000, it's got 89K but it needs a G60 rebuild, new paint, stereo, speakers, front fenders, rear calipers and a tune up. I do my own work, except for paint, so I got an OK deal I think.
We will definitely have to get together. I might be able to get the rado on the road over christmas break but I'll be up here in Orono till summer.
I can just see the wierd look on everyone's face when they see three tuned Corrados driving through town

And play it safe on your bikes, I'm sure you heard about the recent accident in Casco. No more drinkin and drivin for me.
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
646 Posts
Re: you guys seen this yet?? (JediCorrado)

Ditto, I do all my own work and got a Rado for $3000 in Oldtown just above Bangor. The body is mint with no serious damage but alot of little dings that I pulled and glazed. I custom paint (as a matter of fact I have to paint Derrick's R6 plastics this week) and i painted my own car. It came out like new with no ripples or dings visible anywhere. The charger was rebuilt @100K on mine and it has 138K on the clock right now so I feel I got an OK deal. Meanwhile my GF's Rado gets all the hand-me-downs from mine. She bought my old P-chip for like $15 since I got an SNs chip. Great GF to have!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.