VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you get? Must be able to drive to and from events, that's the only stipulation. Class is HS or FSP.
GO GO GO!

No miatas... I know, I know.

Modified by atxtj at 7:35 AM 11-2-2006

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: You have 4000 bucks to spend on an autocross car. (sausagemit)

Quote, originally posted by sausagemit »
e30 BMW, coil over suspension, strip interior, some nice light wheels and some decent rubber, and your pretty much set!!!

That's what I was thinking, or a porsche 914. I like the sentra se-r, too. What else you got?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
if you're on a tight budget, get a mazda for reliabilty. I know some of you have very reliable porsches and bmws out there, but IF they do start to breakdown, parts are a lot more expensive. Miata's, from what I hear are more reliable than the Rx-7s because of its engine. Yet if you tell me you won't like the way you look in the miata, or that the car looks like a "chick" car, autocrossing isn't about image, its about legally getting from point A to point B as fast as possible.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Golfme)

Quote, originally posted by Golfme »
Yet if you tell me you won't like the way you look in the miata, or that the car looks like a "chick" car, autocrossing isn't about image, its about legally getting from point A to point B as fast as possible.

It's also about the wife saying "no miatas!"

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: You have 4000 bucks to spend on an autocross car. (bighare)

Quote, originally posted by bighare »
an old Mini... with Vtec!

Did you read that article in GRMS? That thing was a beast! A mini would be great but I can't find any here in Texas.

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
39,196 Posts
Re: You have 4000 bucks to spend on an autocross car. (atxtj)

it's been said. EF CRX for E Prepared.

·
Registered
87,963 Posts
Re: You have 4000 bucks to spend on an autocross car. (atxtj)

heck- let's try something different this time.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Re: You have 4000 bucks to spend on an autocross car. (Metallitubby)

hmm well yeah id have to say if you dont want mazda... id go somthing vw ... a mk1 or so... i believe they have their own racing leauge... if it was just a track car tho jus pic somthing parts are cheep for... body pannels and so on..

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: You have 4000 bucks to spend on an autocross car. (Twistedsix)

Porsche 944. I just found a 944 Turbo in LA for $5500. A 944 can be had for $3000-5000 depending on the condition. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.