VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sell a lot of VWs. People know I love them and sometimes just give them to me, I fix 'em up drive around for a bit and sell them. I was selling a Golf the other day and over the phone I said it has VW snowflake rims. The guy shows up with his entire family and is looking all over the car with a confused face.... Guy says:
"You said this car had snowflakes on it?! I don't see any snowflakes. What is going on here?"
I explained to him that the rims are named snowflakes and he seemed pissed off about it... He left right after still in a pissed state without even wanting to hear it run. Called me back a week later and I told him none of my cars are for sale to him. Pff I would have painted friggen snowflakes on the car if thats what he wanted so bad...
Another lady stops by and tells me the tires are all bald when there is still those little rubber pieces sticking off they are so new....

Anyone else have weird people come to look at cars for sale?
Why do I get all the whackos looking at my cars...

·
Banned
13,061 Posts
Re: You said this car had snowflakes on it!? Stupid buyers... (KancerVW)

You can screen out a lot of mouth breathers over the phone by asking...
Have you or anyone in your immediate family ever owned a Volkswagen?
As your asking price moves south of $3000, you really have to put up with a lot (from people who might not know sh!t about the car). If you're able to talk them out of dropping by to see a car you have for sale, that's probably a good indication that they'd be just as happy in a Chevy Cavalier.

·
Registered
310 Posts

Yes...there are a lot of Whako's...people need to read up on "Volkswagen"
before asking idiotic questions..
I think "W.C. Fields said....there is an idiot born every minute!!!!

·
Registered
7,880 Posts

Dude...I understand where you are coming from...Hahahaha!!!! You have to look at it this way...they are just NOT experienced about cars...

Take it easy...and remember to breathe... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Re: You said this car had snowflakes on it!? Stupid buyers... (AVW4U2NV)

I got mine, 4 w/ tires for $150.00 and i love the phuckers, can't bend'm lol(gf proven). LOL and as for your snlowflake people, buy some of that spray on glitter flakes, it stays on for a day or 2, call him back and say its a special kinda paint, spay it on an hour before he is supposed to stop and boom. car sold
BUMP
JW

·
Registered
22,318 Posts

I was selling an Audi once. One guy wanted to buy it, but he still wanted at least $1000 off of the price because *he* needed to repaint it. In other words, he wanted me to pay for repaint if I was to sell it to him. He didnt buy my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.