VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys theres been a few threads on this topic so i teamed up with Your Haldex Works and picked up one of these!

Your Haldex Works has a few products out and specialize in first Gen. Haldex systems. The good news for us is that categorizes MK1 TT and MK4 R32.

Many of you know of HPA's Blue and Orange Haldex system, however they stopped making these years ago and now go for $1000-2000 used on the forums. These Haldex systems give the car up to 50/50 power distribution for the AWD. Our stock system can only go from 90/10 to 70/30 (to my understanding).
The Powertrak insert modifies the Haldex system to be 50/50 power distribution all the time and at an affordable price!

Well installed it 9/10/2013

First off super easy to install. Put the car on a lift, got a short 17mm wrench, spun the old one off (no fluid came out) and then threw the new one in. that it.

First impression, love it. I used to feel the rear kick in on launch's and when cornering, now its always engaged and definitely noticeable. Not much to say, does the job. As for some people saying it would bind, it does not. I did full luck turns both directions forward and backward at low speeds and went in full circles and felt/heard nothing! Very excited about this product. Highly recommend, especially for the price!!

New bolt (17mm style)

Untitled by adamgott21, on Flickr

Old bolt

Heres some links to Your Haldex Works
yo[email protected]
Facebook Page
Youtube Videos
Store

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Copy and Pasted content from them!

The Powertrack Insert is a new product in the Quattro / 4motions and other brand names of the Haldex LSC AWD first / second generation system world. Powertrack Insert delivers the most rear traction possible of ALL the products available on the market at a fraction of the cost.

How it works: Powertrack Insert changes the tune of the hydraulic system to increase the power delivered to the Haldex clutch instantly. The result is an instant response of the rear traction with a power distribution of 50/50. With Powertrack Insert you get the fastest reaction and strongest rear traction available. Improvements are especially great for modified high powered cars but also for stock cars. Fastest delivery high pressure also reduces clutch wear by limiting clutch slip and low intermediate pressure situation.

While drastically improving snow traction, loose surface traction and launch from stop, it remains smooth enough to be used on a daily drive vehicle and will go unnoticeable on most of the low speed situation like parking or tight turn. Electronic features of your car like: ESP/Traction control and ABS will work as long you don’t disengage it. The Powertrack Insert is also completely reversible, just reinstall your original insert and you are back to stock.

Powertrack Insert installs in about one hour and you don’t have to refill or change Haldex fluid. (While being a good idea if your car is due for maintenance)

* Powertrack Insert can be installed on any OEM controller. Two kind of insert models exist and both are available. Be sure to use the appropriate one. Visit our Youtube channel, a “How to identify the right insert for your car/controller model” video is there to help you. This listing is for the 17 mm hex head, circlip model is also available.

* Powertrack Insert can be also used on an aftermarket controller: If you already have an aftermarket controller, you can still use our product as long you have the appropriate insert type. Therefore you won’t benefit from the variable delivered rear torque provided by your aftermarket controller anymore as it will work exactly like an OEM unit upgraded with the Powertrack Insert.*Powertrack Insert will make a rear axle swap working without the need of electronics. Powertrack Insert can make a rear Haldex LSC work as a “mechanical stand alone” on a car that wasn’t designed to work with the rear Haldex. Contact us if you are doing that kind of project and we will tell you how to easily wire your electronics and enable to select a front/rear 50/50 traction or FWD traction just by the flick of an ON/OFF switch.

We invite you to visit our facebook page and to like it! Lots of questions have been answered there. Also a couple of link to independent customers testimonies.

To see the behaviors of the Powertrack Insert, just type his name on Youtube to see our various videos.

Will fit on all car models that was equipped with the Haldex LSC first / second generation, be sure to use the right insert:

Audi TT Quattro first generation (1998-2006)

Audi A3/S3 Quattro (1999-2003)

Volkswagen R32 MkIV and MkV (2002,2003-2009)

Volkswagen MkIV Bora/Jetta/Golf 4motion

Volkswagen Sharan first gen

Volvo: all models with first generation Haldex

Skoda Octavia: first generation

Seat Leon / Cupra 4: first generation

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Send me a stock and modified controller and I'll make it happen ;)

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Send me a stock and modified controller and I'll make it happen ;)
I'm on board, stock controller/test mule will come from me! Now, who wants to lend their remapped controllers for the greater goods? A Blue-labeled and Competition unit would be nice so we can maybe have a hybrid version with rear engagement under braking but less aggressive lock characteristic at low speed.

Let's make this happen TT community!

·
Registered
19,616 Posts
I'm on board, stock controller/test mule will come from me! Now, who's wants to lend their remapped controllers for the greater goods? A Blue-labeled and Competition unit would be nice so we can maybe have a hybrid version with rear engagement under braking but less aggressive lock characteristic at low speed.

The solution is in the past Max :thumbup: If I can get it all together this winter, I'll be selling a competition controller :D

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm on board, stock controller/test mule will come from me! Now, who's wants to lend their remapped controllers for the greater goods? A Blue-labeled and Competition unit would be nice so we can maybe have a hybrid version with rear engagement under braking but less aggressive lock characteristic at low speed.

:popcorn: Patiently waiting on this to come to fruition... (well, this AND aftermarket Votex side skirts....)

·
Registered
14,060 Posts
I like this thread and where its going. ibf the stacecar why do you care you dont drive your car bs. Subterranean TT's can still benefit:laugh:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I believe OP is wrong, OEM system can distribute as much as 0/100 torque to the rear wheels - that happens if both of the front wheels loose traction. Otherwise, 50/50 under hard acceleration or cornering and 90/10 most of the time.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
No, the op and the product description was correct.

As for skipping when turning, wouldn't that only be an issue when the haldex is engaged? This piece doesn't affect the speed or HOW AND WHEN the haldex engages..... It simply always locks 50/50 when the haldex IS engaged, which would only be under hard acceleration and cornering. Meaning it would behave as oem under low speed cruising and whatnot. That's how I understood it anyway...

·
Registered
5,314 Posts

As for skipping when turning, wouldn't that only be an issue when the haldex is engaged? This piece doesn't affect the speed or HOW AND WHEN the haldex engages..... It simply always locks 50/50 when the haldex IS engaged, which would only be under hard acceleration and cornering. Meaning it would behave as oem under low speed cruising and whatnot. That's how I understood it anyway...
That's how I took it, which would eliminate the need for upgraded controllers (for most people), though I like the idea of hacking and reprogramming controllers. Why HPA and the others can't reflash a used controller is beyond stupid.

·
Registered
19,616 Posts

That's how I took it, which would eliminate the need for upgraded controllers (for most people), though I like the idea of hacking and reprogramming controllers. Why HPA and the others can't reflash a used controller is beyond stupid.
This plug essentially is bypassing the internal valving on the haldex controller. So whenever the pump is running, the clutch plates are locked.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
This plug essentially is bypassing the internal valving on the haldex controller. So whenever the pump is running, the clutch plates are locked.
Ding ding ding! That's why I sarcastically asked him to report on the low speed binding/skipping that is inevitable with the modified plug. I wouldn't want my discs to be constantly engaged (although that means less slipping and possibly longer fluid change intervals), and I don't know why anyone would want that for their Haldex units (unless using this only temporarily for some off/road, drag, or circuit racing).

·
Registered
19,616 Posts
Ding ding ding! That's why I sarcastically asked him to report on the low speed binding/skipping that is inevitable with the modified plug. I wouldn't want my discs to be constantly engaged (although that means less slipping and possibly longer fluid change intervals), and I don't know why anyone would want that for their Haldex units (unless using this only temporarily for some off/road, drag, or circuit racing).
The system is pretty simple, expensive, but not overly complex. Now this mod is more like using a 5lb hammer on your "on switch" to get your computer to turn on.

In short, if you do not understand the basic functions of how it works....Do not touch it or assume that everything you read on the internet is true.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts