VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

z-eng. s/c problem..

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  vrsix_ 
#1 ·
When I pull up hard it feels like my engine"misfires", mostly around 5k rpm
Could this have anything to do with the MAF sens.? It is located just after the charger.
i hear this is not the right place for the MAF when using a s/c.. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

[Modified by vrsix_, 11:45 AM 2-14-2002]

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: z-eng. s/c problem.. (vrsix_)

Hi, this is an early vr6? I have a 93 SLC with the distributor and was sent a message from Z-engineering themselves saying they just came out with a kit to repair this. Check their website and you will see a "Corrado Recirculation Kit". It puts the MAF before the SC in the fender well. I am really thinking of buying it. If anyone has any experience, let us know!

#3 ·
Re: z-eng. s/c problem.. (SlowCorrado)

Yes it will work better, Ive got the 2.0 obd1 and was having the exact problems. Nik said that having the maf after the charger is only a problem for the obd 1 cars. If you switch the maf infront of the charger all problems will be gone. Car idles like stock now and no missfires and is really quiet.

#5 ·
Re: z-eng. s/c problem.. (VR6'n)

Maybe its the ease of install, the fact that it bolts and unbolts in a few hours, the fact that z-eng actually provides some sort of customer service, the fact that GIAC is making the software now, or maybe the fact that AMS doesnt make a kit for OBD1!

#6 ·

you can play around a bit with the mass airflow, twist it a inch at a time and go for drives in between. MAF seems to be picky of exactly how it sits, changing it a little can result in a difference. Give it a shot its free. Enough with the vortech is better posts its getting old http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif He isn't asking on buying advice.

#9 ·

hey guys,it seems that the spark plugs i used(stock/ngk) were not good.
I bought denso iridiums and now it looks like a completely different car!
I went skiing this week in Austria and i let it fly on the way through Germany
2500 km and no prob's .....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.