VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow, check this out... on z-engineering site. i was checking to see the latest update.... quote from the site.
"The Euro Sport Dynojet shows that the $26,500 supercharged Jetta can keep up with a $86,000 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera S upto 6000 rpm - Technician, Z-Engineering USA
dynos to back it up.. check http://www.z-engineeringusa.com/vw_mk4vr6u.htm http://www.z-engineeringusa.com/images/mk4scpowerV911.jpg http://www.z-engineeringusa.com/images/mk4sctorqueV911.jpg
pretty amazing. i think this may be a really well designed reliable kit... damn i am so tempted... i wish somoene would step up already... and give us some feedback... i wonder if it will kill the stock clutch...

· Registered
6,649 Posts
Re: z-engineering latest dyno (vr6 power)

Your stock clutch IIRC can withstand 300hp, the life of the clutch will always be reduced some when you add more HP but it won't kill it, but since the Z kit is alot of fun you will be beating on your car more thus further reducing clutch life. Step up and get it, the company is straight up and the customer service leaves nothing to be desired http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,667 Posts
Re: z-engineering latest dyno (XXX007XXX)

i'm pretty sure that car is stock except for the supercharger. if it's not, then that's BS not stating their other mods. but as far as i know, it's just charged.

· Registered
446 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]upto 6000 rpm
...[HR][/HR]​
Kinda ruins the comparison right there, huh. If you shift at redline in the 911 you wont even be dropping much below 6k. Also if you limit the rpm then a ford festiva could keep up with my vr6 up to 1000 rpm... not that I wouldn't want Z-kit, but the comparison does not seem valid to me.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Re: z-engineering latest dyno (j1o)

quote:[HR][/HR]Kinda ruins the comparison right there, huh. If you shift at redline in the 911 you wont even be dropping much below 6k. Also if you limit the rpm then a ford festiva could keep up with my vr6 up to 1000 rpm... not that I wouldn't want Z-kit, but the comparison does not seem valid to me.[HR][/HR]​
You're absolutely right.

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: z-engineering latest dyno (Marty)

yes your right. but who redlines their car... i don't i let my baby go to about 6500. yes the porsche is faster and the comparising is kinda weird and little wack. but still i bet the car is pretty quick.

· Registered
313 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]yes your right. but who redlines their car... i don't i let my baby go to about 6500. yes the porsche is
faster and the comparising is kinda weird and little wack. but still i bet the car is pretty quick.[HR][/HR]​
If you dont redline shift a Z-car, youre not maximizing what youve got.
In any case, the comparison between the Z-car and the Porsche made in that dyno is foolish. The Z-car doesnt stand a chance in a drag against that car.

· Registered
832 Posts
Re: z-engineering latest dyno (dfinn)

perhaps that dyno was on a 24v VR6?? I would believe it then. Cuz I thought they said torque was increased from 186 to 255, last time I checked the VR6 had like 174 ft/lbs of torque.

· Registered
2,736 Posts
Re: z-engineering latest dyno (vagvr6)

I much rather save the extra dough and go nitrous.
When they say, "this jetta will keep up with a 911" they are outta their minds. It doesnt matter if the jetta makes 300whp, its not going to hold the road that well. Whereas the Porsche will rip up the track, and drive home safely.
People that mod just think hp. Its a drivetrain game when u mod. Weak drivetrain = weak ouput. Like many tuners say, for every dollar into more hp, should be .50cents of suspension and drivetrain items.

· Registered
10,454 Posts
Re: z-engineering latest dyno (carma)

I don't get it, everyone asks for more HP and when it's finally avaible everyone starts knocking on it saying it's bad. Can't have everything perfect, if everything was perfect there would be no speeding tickets.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.