VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Banned
3,459 Posts
Re: z-engineering supercharger mk4.... (FAR~FROM~MUGEN)

Looks pretty decent! Assuming 15% we're talking 229hp and 208ft lbs. at the wheels. Would like to see more on the torque line but Vs a stock VR6 that is sick!
What do you guys think? With a $4500 price tag I honestly don't see to big of a demand hitting this kit once its finalized!?

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: z-engineering supercharger mk4.... (vr6 power)

Nobody has been able to build big power on the VR6 for cheap.
That price is right.
Stop being price whores. It only took 2 years to make. Like they shouldn't be allowed to recoup costs and make a buck...whiners.

[Modified by Jman5000, 9:47 AM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
17,269 Posts

It's a total crock. They want 4500$, and no boost meter or engine mount is included??? Furthermore, if you look at the dyno, it looks very akin to a turbocharged car and not a supercharged car, AND when they did the dyno runs it was over 15 degrees cooler outside with the supercharged version and there was no correction factor used. Ewwwwwww. Wasnt the original retail price supposed to be 3,899$? that's what I had thought!

·
Banned
4,913 Posts
Re: z-engineering supercharger mk4.... (Jolf)

cleanest? I would hope so after 2 years of fabrication....and my buddy has blew up 3 units so far.......reliable....dunno? I have heard about a lot of bad things happening with the blowers on the 3rd gen. cars. I guess it could all be speculation but I know of some folks that have had problems. I hope that Z can iron it out for the IV gen.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: z-engineering supercharger mk4.... (KJ-VR6)

you guys keep complaining about the price, but you know hoe much it cost to turbo, plus the upkeep on a turbo? you will get better value out of the supercharger i think. That is what I am saving my money up for right now. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
847 Posts
Re: z-engineering supercharger mk4.... (KJ-VR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]
With a $4500 price tag I honestly don't see to big of a demand hitting this kit once its finalized!?[HR][/HR]​
I dunno, if it's well sorted out and reliable, I'd pay that. It's clean, reversable, and I can install it in my own garage. I like it.
I have many warranty miles left to go before I need to worry about FI so, by that time, the Z-eng charger will have a track record.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Re: z-engineering supercharger mk4.... (VarLordahl)

quote:[HR][/HR]It's a total crock. They want 4500$, and no boost meter or engine mount is included...
[HR][/HR]​
From the Z-Engineering website.
• Power increased from 176 hp to 270 hp
• Torque increased from 193 lbs/ft to 245 lbs/ft
• CARB approval will be sought
• Available from VW & Audi Z-Distributors
• Expected launch 31 Jan 02
Supplied with replacement Z-Engineering pendulum mount
• Supplied with GIAC software
• Price US$4499
Read here. http://www.z-engineeringusa.com/pengmount.htm

[Modified by Jeff Andrews, 2:52 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
17,269 Posts
Re: z-engineering supercharger mk4.... (Jeff Andrews)

quote:[HR][/HR]It's a total crock. They want 4500$, and no boost meter or engine mount is included...

From the Z-Engineering website.
• Power increased from 176 hp to 270 hp
• Torque increased from 193 lbs/ft to 245 lbs/ft
• CARB approval will be sought
• Available from VW & Audi Z-Distributors
• Expected launch 31 Jan 02
Supplied with replacement Z-Engineering pendulum mount
• Supplied with GIAC software
• Price US$4499
Read here. http://www.z-engineeringusa.com/pengmount.htm
[Modified by Jeff Andrews, 2:52 PM 11-26-2001][HR][/HR]​
you make a good point...

However, the side bar on the site that advertises it is conflicting...

·
Banned
32,385 Posts

All,
I can tell all of you that this is the real thing!! I am scheduled to be one of the 1st 10 G4/J4's to get this kit.
The kit INCLUDES a new lower "dogbone" motor mount, and in all is a very complete kit.
I have spent months talking with ZE on this, I believe in them. The product is well thought out, and WORKS. Also, the dyno chart here is AT THE WHEELS! OR SAE net power. Also, they can reprogram the chip (GIAC custom) for cams, exahust, whatever. AND the kit can have an intercoller added (will be ready 1st qtr 02').
I c an't find a better bang for the buck for the VR6....
Larry
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.