VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

581 - 600 of 961 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #581
Ignore the runs and the small imperfections. It will be final smoothed by Wednesday. Then paint soon after! Check out the before and afters.

·
Registered
44,375 Posts
Most excellent good sir. Most excellent.

But when you’re done you’re going to hide that with a (beautiful) engine? It almost seems a shame!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #583
Yeah but there will be so little to the engine that everything will be visible. Inline 6 helps to show it all off.

·
Premium Member
54,679 Posts
Yeah but there will be so little to the engine that everything will be visible. Inline 6 helps to show it all off.
Yeah, he's right. You're going to see ALL that work with an N/A RB

God, these sound good NA

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
Indeed^

Been watching this for a while and finally pulled the trigger. Brand new R34 RB25 5 speed transmission.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #587
Brand new R34 RB25 5 speed transmission!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #589
$675 for 2 day from Japan. It was the only option unfortunately.

·
Registered
44,375 Posts
Man, I think I built my first Bug for a little more than the shipping on that transmission! :laugh:

When I say “built” I mean “assembled an engine and cobbled together a car using stone knives and bear skins for very little money. And because 18. In 1984.”

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #593
Body guy sent me this. The body and bay is all sanded smooth so we should see paint very soon! He has to prime the jams and the rear cargo area then it will be ready for the safari gold!

·
Registered
44,375 Posts
Body guy sent me this. The body and bay is all sanded smooth so we should see paint very soon! He has to prime the jams and the rear cargo area then it will be ready for the safari gold!

*pic
Yessssss!

We're all counting on you. [/Leslie Nielsen voice]

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #599
Talked to my machinist. The head flowed 90cfm over stock which he didn't have the base numbers for at the moment. By his calculations, the engine can make 400hp as is naturally aspirated but of course it most likely won't on pump gas. I was always hoping for 300 rwhp so we will see.

The body is being mocked up so it can be painted.

Dropped off the front subframe and torsion bar brackets for powdercoat and got a high quality reman steering rack.

581 - 600 of 961 Posts