VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

61 - 80 of 951 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Turbo, 2018 Mazda 3 GX Sedan
598 Posts
That is squeaky clean. Wow! :thumbup:

Is that a leather wrapped dash? And door panels? :eek:

·
Registered
SC AW11, Mazda speed NB, 89 Skyline GTS-T 5M, 19 GLI 6M.
9,477 Posts
That is squeaky clean. Wow! :thumbup:

Is that a leather wrapped dash? And door panels? :eek:
Yes. And that's one with analog dials/HVAC and cloth seats. Which is fortunate because the Z31 auto climate is worthless:laugh:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
The dash and door panels are not leather. The stitching is in the mold so just looks like leather.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Engine bay is so clean! And there is so much crap that will get tossed. Cruise control, intake, a/c, battery/fuse/relay box moved to rear.

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Very nice car!

I know very little about these so what is that two chambered thing at the very front between the headlights? Is that the air filter?

Looking forward to seeing how this comes out. :thumbup:

·
Senior Sloth
2,679 Posts
Wow, what a sweetheart of a car!

Looking at those headlights/front end and not seeing a lick of road rash :eek::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Yes, that is the intake. Most people put a K&N there but I intend to use it for an angled radiator since I won't have an intake setup at all. Just trumpets on throttle bodies.

This is a Z432. I want to do a modern take on an 80's version. I even want to paint my car this color. Safari gold. My dad and I restored his safari gold Z together and I love the color.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Here is my dad's safari gold 71. I just have to convince my wife.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Got the last of my parts from Raw Brokerage to get the head going. Now I have Tomei cams, lifters and beryllium copper valve seat rings, Supertech plus size valves, dual valve springs, guides, Ti retainers and spring seats for the new RB26dett head.

I*also got the first sketch from the guy doing my design render. Note the early headlights/recess with the late lower front bumper. I am hoping it's doable.. Lastly, found a guy on IG who did the last render which I really like. Color and all.*

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Engine is on the stand. Pulled the front pulley and cover. I will pull the head fully assembled with the intake manifold and sell it complete. Not sure if I will have the headers blasted and polished or ceramic coated.
Should be a fun build...I like oddballs! Not sure why more people don't use these for a basis of a Japanese hot-rod and only seem to use the 240.

I'd vote for ceramic coated headers in bright silver color. The heat retaining properties will help and look good. (granted I just bought a set of stainless steel heat exchangers for the 914 6 conversion project when I had a brand new set of silver ceramic coated headers already...the price you pay for having heat :D )

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
My heart can't take it! This is so amazing. The guy who did the render changed the color to my 920 Datsun Safari gold and added the Watanabe's. Now I HAVE to sell my wife on the color but this is the car I must build!!!

61 - 80 of 951 Posts