VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

81 - 100 of 957 Posts

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
My heart can't take it! This is so amazing. The guy who did the render changed the color to my 920 Datsun Safari gold and added the Watanabe's. Now I HAVE to sell my wife on the color but this is the car I must build!!!

Boner inducing. Definitely do this.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Bonus: the plates you usually get will look great with that color. As much of a PITA a color change is, that looks really cool.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I plan to take this down to the shell and will paint the bay, interior and possibly jams myself. I have done quite a bit of paintwork over the last 15 years. But not enough to want to do the exterior on something of this level. I plan to go full out on this car. I'm more excited about it than any of the previous builds.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I plan to take this down to the shell and will paint the bay, interior and possibly jams myself. I have done quite a bit of paintwork over the last 15 years. But not enough to want to do the exterior on something of this level. I plan to go full out on this car. I'm more excited about it than any of the previous builds.
:eek: Your BMW build was amazing...and now this one you're full in for? :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,462 Posts
Render looks great. Not sure whether your graphic designer is using a color calibrated monitor, but on my screen your render definitely looks more McLaren Orange and less Datsun Safari Gold, which is definitely more on the tan/brown side of the gold spectrum.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Yeah, I tried to adjust it too but it looks different on each monitor I see it on. I plan to brighten up the stock safari gold a touch most likely. Although my dads Z looks amazing after a quality paint.

·
Registered
21,825 Posts
I love it. Z31s were a car I didn't really like new...But just like you, they have grown on me of late. Two things...I would leave the battery where it is, especially with the inline six, it won't take up much room at all, and I think moving it to the back would just make the rear even heavier, and in a short wheelbase car, weight transfer is an issue. Second...I love the color. I love oranges in general...But the 80s-ness of the car seems to clash with it, for some reason. Too brash for the angular styling, perhaps?

Whatever. In for the duration. Show me.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I think the car will pull it off well but we will see how I feel when it comes time to paint.

I stripped the rear interior all out. The factory spare inflator was still there and surprised the speaker surrounds were still intact.

I found a kit that welds to the bottom of the Z31 to allow for an S14 rear subframe. This will allow me to run more coilover options, control arm, bushings, diff etc.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
15's with 205's.

A little more progress on the front 3/4 rendering. Adding a roll cage and the artist is going to attempt to create some sort of BRE 240z inspired front lip.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Check out the BRE inspired front lip. I doubt this would be too hard to have made.

·
Registered
21,825 Posts
Nice chin.

It almost needs to be painted two-tone, though. Really makes the lines stand out. Maybe even a contrasted similar shade.

81 - 100 of 957 Posts