VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a 'lil ahead of myself, but who doesn't when it comes to the next mod. I'm in recovery mode after getting my rims and all.
So i was wondering, Should i get the zwo front spoiler or go OEM with the 4 motion one? Do you guys think it will look wierd if i just have the Zwo front WITHOUT SS or rear valence? And does anyone know how much each of the front spoliers hang? To me it looks as if they provide the same clearence.
Please no suggestions on Oettinger front chin, since that hangs waay too low then i hope for.
Any pics would mos definitely be appreciated... thanks guys and gals.

[Modified by coolgirl, 2:28 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Re: Zwo front or 4 motion ? (coolgirl)

If you're not getting the kit, then get 4 motion. Looks funny without side skirts or rear valances.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts

My vote is for the PZwo front, amongst other things the 4Mo is a pain in the butt to put on... I've been wrestling with it for the past 1/2 hour and the stupid valence won't click into place. Already sliced my finger open

I don't think it'd look wierd without the skirts or rear valence, it's a very very subtle front.
Good luck! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
15,039 Posts

I think the 4 motion is a better choice if you do not plan to do a full body kit. I have it and it rocks. It not painted, but is still a black rubbery plastic that holds up to road debris very well, especially now that I am lowered. I cannot afford to have to replaint my front valance one a year due to rock chips and paint coming off. Maybe one day....

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Re: Zwo front or 4 motion ? (2kjettaguy)

Soon my car will have a painted 4motion valence and a projectzwo grille, it should look sweet!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Zwo front or 4 motion ? (Henry)

thanks for the replies.. i forgot to consider that there is a big price diff. for this obviously. About $100 bucks for 4 mo and no painting, $500+ plus painting on the PZwo Fspoiler. I absolutely love the PZwo front, but i dunno.. who knows i might get the whole BK. ack.. decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts

there's a whole kit for sale in the classifieds now. pretty decent price. i think it's poopypants

·
Registered
4,904 Posts

Just keep in mind- if you decide you want the 4-mo & want to color match it, you have to have it smoothed out. Just something else to keep in mind when calculating labor costs, etc.
By the way- either looks slick...you can't really go wrong.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts

I can't say for sure, but I'm about 99% positive that the Projektzwo front lip is a good bit lower than the 4motion valence. I have the 4motion valence on my Jetta (it's painted) and I've seen my car next to a full Projektzwo Jetta. The 4motion valence looked a good bit higher than the Projektzwo lip... I can't confirm if it actually was because the two cars had different ride-heights. I didn't think to whip out a ruler and go to town at the time.
As for if a painted 4motion valence will look ok without sideskirts... IMO, it looks ok. Not 100% perfect, though. I'd say about 95% perfect, hehe. It hangs a bit lower than I want it to. But it's not by any means ugly or obnoxious. I'm thinking about going with a set of Votex sideskirts to get that 5% perfection... but I don't know if it'd do more harm than good. I also have a personal hatred for bodykits... damn these decisions. Enough rambling, pics:

[Modified by Overdrive, 5:54 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
7,641 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]i want it to look like this
, but im just DREAMING.
[HR][/HR]​
Holy Crap!! BBS LM's ARe just pure Sex... Extremely orgasmic.. Get Those coolgirl.. thatll be somethin to round up the guys with!1

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Re: Zwo front or 4 motion ? (sniper27)

I went to autothority the other day and that car is just beautiful in person i almost peeed myself
quote:[HR][/HR]Coolgirl - we all have our dreams...This is mine.

[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Re: Zwo front or 4 motion ? (phatplat)

yeah, i bet. now only if i had the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to make my blue lagoon even remotely close to looking like that...

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Re: Zwo front or 4 motion ? (sniper27)

kinda makes me wanna cry,
i need to win power ball or sell off my moms jewelry...no that would be death, i still wanna drive my car, hmmm......i know i need a sugar momma or sugar-free momma (diabetic) !solution!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Re: Zwo front or 4 motion ? (GTI628V)

Cool looking kit and car. Get this kit coolgirl. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Re: Zwo front or 4 motion ? (riskus)

Had Pzwo on last car...

Front spoiler hangs LOWWWW---lower than an oettinger chin in fact--my car was only lowered 1" on eibach/vw springs
Now the new car with 4 motion...

Car is lowered 2.5" on KW Coils (for now)...it is definetely higher than the pzwo was and hasnt scraped anywhere like the pzwo did everywhere...IMO if you got the cash go Oettinger chin--looks better without skirts than Pzwo...if you go pzwo you need the full kit...Id rather spend my money on go fast goodies now

1 - 20 of 31 Posts